Prologue.

The beach was my favorite, I loved the way the waves would shine in the sun, the way they crashed against the beach then slither away.

It was always so beautiful to me, I loved everything about it.

My mother used to take me whenever she could and I would stay there for hours, just watching those waves, over and over and over.

Like it was the best thing in the world, I loved it there.

Playing in the sand, swimming around the water, watching the sunset.

It was all so beautiful, until it wasn't.

--------------------

"Come on mommy!!" I yelled as I ran towards the beach.

My mother laughed and followed along. "Slow down hunny I'm coming I'm coming." She said and watched as I waited for her with a pout.

"Go ahead and play hunny I'll be right here watching." My mom spoke, placing down our beach things that we normally brought.

I ran over to the water and jumped in swimming over to the more deep areas.

"Look mommy!!" I yelled over to my mom who smiled at me then went back to reading on her kindle.

She never let's me see what she reads it must be something gross I always thought to myself.

I swam around for awhile till mommy said it was time to go home.

That day changed everything.

Mommy no longer took me to the beach and I no longer saw daddy mommy said they divorced what does that mean?

There was always bottles laying around and mommy yelled alot.

I didn't understand what I had did wrong?

Was there something I needed to change?

I saw daddy on the weekends but he didn't talk to me he just played games.

What happend?

Mommy said sometimes it was my fault that daddy left and it felt like my heart shattered more each time she said that.

Was it my fault?

Sometimes mommy yelled at me for her problems saying how it was all my fault.

I never understood.

-----------

But now I do.