8: Breakthrough

"So, tell me what was going through your head last night."

Kuroo and kenma were currently sat on kenma's bed. School was finally over and the two had agreed to talk things out once classes were finished. Kuroo paused for a moment and thought to himself.

"Well for starters when we got on the train I really liked your outfit."

"My outfit?" Kenma asked, tilting his head slightly.

"Yeah, i thought it looked cute on you and i was too scared to say it so im saying it now."

Kenma smiled at that. Kuroo could be cute sometimes without even knowing it.

"Okay what about when you met my friends."

"They were nice. Not normally the type of people i hangout with so it kind of felt refreshing meeting them. I felt comfortable." Kuroo said honestly and kenma hummed.

"And the kiss?"

"Amazing."

"Amazing?" Kenma giggled and kuroo groaned.

"Don't laugh it's embarrassing."

"Don't be embarrassed, i want to know what you were thinking when it happened."

"To be honest i wasn't thinking at all. I felt like electric when you kissed me and then when we started making out i uh..." Kuroo trailed off too embarrassed to say the rest.

"You what?"

"I don't wanna say." Kuroo whispered and kenma smirked. He had a feeling he knew what kuroo was going to say but he wanted to hear it from him.

"Just say it, there's no judgement here." Kenma urged and kuroo let out a breath.

"I kinda got hard." Kuroo sighed and rubbed his face. Kenma bit his lip.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah..."

"That's pretty gay."

"Shut up." Kuroo laughed which caused kenma to giggle.

"Does that scare you?"

"Does what scare me."

"The fact that you got hard for a boy." Kenma clarified and kuroo's face fell a bit.

"It terrifies me."

"And why's that?"

"I've lived my whole life thinking i was straight. Or more so being told I was. My parents aren't fond of the whole gay thing. They're pretty homophobic so I was just raised to think that dating guys was wrong."

"But it's not. I get that you have the mindset that it is because of your parents but your sexuality just isn't something you can control. It's perfectly okay to like guys kuroo. It doesn't make your a bad person if anything it makes you unique and a lot of people find it fascinating." Kenma says and kuroo thinks for a moment.

"A lot of people have been telling me that lately. I'm just mad that it took me this long to realize. But i'm still not even sure if i'm gay or not. I mean I like girls, they're hot and i find them attractive."

"Kuroo you do know that you can like both girls and guys right?" Kenma asked and kuroo gave him a puzzled look.

"That doesn't even make any sense."

Kenma sighed at kuroo's lack of knowledge.

"It's called being bisexual. And i think that's what you are."

Kuroo's eyes widened. Bisexual? Kuroo hadn't even factored in the possibility that he could like both girls and guys.

"Hey can i try something?"

Kenma gave him a confused look but nodded. Kuroo leaned in but stopped before their lips could touch.

"Can i kiss you?"

Kenma bit his lip. Kuroo was so close. Kenma mumbled a small "yeah..." before leaning in and closing the distance between himself and kuroo.

The kiss was soft at first, gentle. Kenma could tell that kuroo just wanted to test the waters a bit at first. But then kuroo inhaled sharply and brought a hand behind kenma's neck before pulling him in closer. Kenma responded by fisting a hand in kuroo's hair and the two began to make out. The room was soon filled with panting and uneven breaths as the kiss heated.

Kenma moaned softly when kuroo grabbed his waist. Then kenma did something unexpected. He grabbed kuroo's other hand and slowly guided it up to his throat. Basically asking kuroo to choke him. When kuroo's fingers rested against kenma's throat gently, he felt himself twitch in his pants. That was when kuroo pulled away a groaned.

"fuck..." He whispered, his head now resting on kenma shoulder. Kenma giggled and ran a hand through kuroo's hair.

"I'm hard. Fuck i'm definitely gay." Kuroo mumbled and kenma smiled.

"No kuro your bisexual."

"Same shit."

"It's really not but it's ok. We'll work on it." Kenma said and kuroo looked back at kenma. The two just stared at each other and kuroo brought his thumb to kenma's lips. He bit his lip and slightly pulled kenma's bottom lip down.

Just as they were about to kiss again, kuroo's phone rang. Kuroo groan frustratedly and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He saw that it was bokuto and thought about ignoring it. But then he began to think that something bad might've happened so he decided to just pick it up instead.

"What." Kuroo answered, his voice clearly filled with irritation.

"Woah what's with that tone? Did i interrupt something?" Bokuto says with an amused voice. and kuroo pinches his nose.

"Is this important?"

"Yeah actually. Are you with kenma?"

Kuroo looks up at kenma before answering. Kenma just gives him a questioning look basically asking who it was.

"Yeah why."

"Akashi's been trying to get a hold of him. Apparently they're running super late for something."

Kuroo looks back to kenma.

"Are you late for something?"

He watched as kenma's eyes slowly widened. He whipped around and grabbed his phone off his nightstand, checking the time.

"Fuck!" Kenma cursed before bolting out of the bed to find his bag, he nearly tripped making kuroo look at him unbeknowingly puzzled at why kenma was in such a rush.

Before kenma left he paused and tried to calm himself down before turning to face kuroo.

"Uh rain check? I have something i've gotta take care of."

Kuroo nodded, he was a bit disappointed. Why was that? It seemed he liked having kenma in his company a lot more than others which kuroo found weird considering the only people he really liked being around were his teammates.

Upon seeing kuroo's disappointment kenma smiled.

"Don't worry, i'll be back sooner than you think." He said as he finished putting on his shoes and with that kenma left.

Kuroo just let out a cheeky smile and thought to himself.

What has he gotten himself into.