𝟜 | 𝓑𝓪𝓽𝓼 𝓘𝓷 𝓕𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

🦇𝚋𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝🕷

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

⌚𝟙𝟠𝟘𝟘ʰᵉˡⁱᶜᵒᵖᵗᵉʳ

⌚𝟙𝟠𝟘𝟘ʰᵉˡⁱᶜᵒᵖᵗᵉʳ

Music played loudly into your earbuds as you looked out of the Helicopter window, at the green fields of what you believed was Italy. You've been in the helicopter for a few hours, it's been about 9 hours already, and it's only 1800 (6 pm). Sleep didn't come to you easily, though you've never really needed much of it anyway and the cold air from being so high up in the sky didn't help either.

With a sigh, you looked up at the changing sky, watching as the rays of the day blended with the dark colours of the night, turning the sky into a beautiful mix of bright pinks, deep oranges and dark blues. It was gorgeous, and so very calming. You loved nothing more than watching nature's course and listening to music as the refreshing breeze filled your nostrils, it calmed your nerves better than your Benzos ever could.

For example, watching the sunrise was very good at helping you relieve some of the stress that came from meeting this new task force. You are a person who gets anxious very easily, though you've been able to teach yourself how to look calm even if it was far from what you felt. This stupid little skill might have put you on many dangerous missions and has even pissed off some people who were practically pissing themselves to get a reaction out of you (which was pretty funny to watch). Still, it has also gained you quite the reputation and, along with your skills, keeps those annoying recruits as far away from you as they humanly think is possible.

Yay.

⋆༺𓆩☠︎︎𓆪༻⋆

You stayed like that for the rest of the helicopter ride and tried to get some sleep but you never managed to drift off. Instead, you simply watched the sunset, listened to music, and pondered what this task force would be like. All the information you got was their callsigns, ranks and three pictures out of four members. The Lieutenant, Ghost, didn't have a picture which you found odd but you'd meet him eventually so it didn't bother you much.

One thing that did excite you, though, was the chance to finally be reunited with an old friend and neighbour. A man you met in the apartment complex you both lived in. A man with a distinct Scottish accent and mohawk. Johnny, you used to call him, though now he goes by his callsign, Soap.

Soap? Seriously...? oh my god, Johnny.

That was your exact reaction when reading his file, surprise, disappointment and a small chuckle at his stupid name.

How would anyone take him seriously with such a name-?

The longer you thought about finally seeing him after 7 years, the wider your smile grew. You both shared crazy memories during your late teens and were practically attached at the hip, though he was more clingy. You wondered if he'd changed at all during these years. He's literally in the army now. How much of the sweet old Johnny has military life stripped away from him? Working in the army isn't easy but you could only hope his optimistic attitude wasn't completely gone. Who else would be the sun to your moon? That was a little motto you had. Was it corny? Definitely. Did either of you care? Nope.

To be frank, you two hardly cared about anything. Your lives used to be a joke. A wild, crazy, drunk, party-filled joke. However, after you both turned 21, you parted ways, with Johnny joining the military and you moving back to China. It was sad for both of you, of course, even if Johnny shed the most tears. You had created a bond like no other during the five years you knew each other and to leave after so long was hard even if it had to be done. But you did keep contact, or at least you tried to. After Johnny was recruited and joined 141 and you were recruited and joined Arachnids, you could not talk much anymore, and your small contact through the months turned into no contact at all as you moved on and found new people to call your friends.

Soon, the ride came to a stop as the Helicopter landed. The whirling blades slowed down as the wind emitted from them blew all the dust around the helipad away. The driver spoke something into the radio, confirming landing before the doors opened. You unbuckled your seatbelt and stepped out, duffle bag in hand, letting the cool British wind hit your face.

A/N: I'm sure you can tell I'm an amateur at writing, and I use Grammarly 😭 BUTTTTT I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thank youuuuuu 💗

Word Count: 801