Chapter 4: present

I began unpacking my bags into the guest room next to Belly's room. There weren't enough clothes to last the whole summer but I decided I would order a few things off of Amazon.
   I was hanging up my twi dresses when I heard some noise from downstairs.
   The Conklins.
   As much as I preferred to keep unpacking, I knew there would be trouble with my mom if I didn't say hi.
   I was walking down the steps when I heard Susannah say, "I promise you and Y/n will have so much fun."
   I knew without looking she was talking to Belly. I really didn't want to do anything with Belly and I highly doubled it would be fun.
   "What are we going to have so much doing?" I asked as I walked down the stairs.
   "Ah! My Sandcrab! I was just telling Belly about how you two should be debutantes this year!" Susannah smiled at me.
   Belly shook her head. "No, at least on my part, there will be no debutanting."
    Ignoring Belly, I informed Susannah, "I can't wait to be a debutante! It's something I've always wanted to do!"
   Behind me, Mom snorted. "You have? Since when."
   Susannah grinned. "Lovely. I promise you two will have so much fun!"
   Belly sighed. "So I take that as I'm being forced to be a Deb now?"