Five

Akoni entered the house he shared with his brother and sighed as he removed his shoes. As he walked by, he dropped his bag on the couch and went to the kitchen, where Ned typed on his computer. "Oh, you're home," his brother said as he sat down. "Did you find out anything else from Lilo?" he asked, and Akino shook his head.

"He left before class even began after he freaked out when he saw me in just my boxers," Akino said, as he, too, opened his work laptop; he waited for the CIS logging page to come up before he logged in and started typing.

He opened his notes to see all the information he had collected on Lilo and the experiments; so far, he only had information on Stitch and Angel. He had tried asking Lilo more, but the younger one always changed the subject.

"I think I'm going to have to be more friendly; I could also do some spying, too," he muttered before looking over at Ned. "Has the mother messaged you?" he asked, and Ned shook his head.

"No, not since we arrived," Ned answered as a knock came at the door.

Akoni picked up his phone and checked the doorbell camera. Seeing that it was Keoni, he buzzed the door open, and his cousin walked in. "What's up, guys?" he asked, seeing them both sitting there on their laptops.

"Hey, Keoni," Akoni said as he turned to look at the younger. "What can you tell me about Lilo?" He asked, and Keoni raised a brow.

"Well, I know just about as much as anyone else," Keoni said. "I didn't learn much more about him when we dated either," he said, and Akoni's head snapped towards him.

"He's gay?" He asked, and Keoni nodded as he went to the fridge and grabbed a soda.

"Yeah, but he's not out, but not in the closet either," he said, opening the can. "He doesn't tell people, but he doesn't hide it," he said, sitting on the stool at the other end of the counter.

"That's why he freaked out when he saw you in your boxers," Ned suddenly said, not looking up as Keoni choked on his soda.

"You were naked in front of Lilo?" He asked, looking at Akoni.

"No, I was wearing my boxers. I was waiting for Ned to bring my Hula uniform, but he gave it to Lilo instead; I was already undressed when I realized I had left it, and I didn't want to get dressed again," Akoni told him, and Keoni hummed.

"Why are you asking about Lilo, though?" Keoni asked, Looking over at them suspiciously. "Why not just ask him?"

"I just wanted to know," Akoni said before frowning. "Why did you and Lilo break up?" he asked, and Keoni stiffened a bit.

"I cheated on him. I was dating Amber, but I was curious about what being with a guy was like, too; I know Lilo had a crush on me, so I thought it would be a good way to experience it, and it would be easy for me to convince him we could be something," Keoni said, "It worked until I proposed to Amber and Lilo came just as we were talking about a wedding date, after that he dumped me. I guess I got karma 'cause Amber cheated on me and dumped me seven months later," Keoni said, and Akoni slapped him on the back of the head.

"Ow, what was that for?" Keoni asked, and Akoni huffed.

"You know cheating is terrible, especially after your parents," He said, and Keoni hummed.

"Yeah," Keoni said, standing and heading towards the door. "I'll see you guys down at the beach tomorrow for the bonfire luau," He said, heading out the door. 

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 617

Published: July 18, 2024, 12 pm

When are you reading this?