Fourteen

Lilo groaned as he woke up in his tent to his phone's shrill ringtone. He felt around for it on the floor. He found the device answered, bringing it to his ear. "Hello," he grumbled as he rolled over.

"Don't you sound sexy when you wake up," Came the reply, and Lilo groaned, not understanding the words that were being spoken to him.

"Sure," He said, and a deep laugh reached his ear.

"Want to get breakfast with Ned and me?" Akoni asked. Lilo finally opened his eyes and looked toward the window in his tent to see that the sun had probably been up hours ago. "We can go to your favorite dinner," He said, and the tattooed male immediately sat up.

"OK, I'll meet you there in forty minutes," He said, hanging up before climbing off his air mattress and pulling on the first set of clothes he saw.

He deflated his matters, packed his campsite, and returned it to his jeep. "Wanna come?" He asked Stitch, who pointed off into the forest.

"Angel," The little blue alien said, and Lilo nodded.

"I'll bring you back coconut cake," Lilo told him, and Stitch hugged his legs before running off.

He hopped in his Jeep and drove to the Golden Pineapple diner. It opened about ten years ago, and Lilo loves its food. He pulled into the parking lot and saw Ned and Akoni waiting by their car. The medical experiment had done amazing on Ned two weeks ago; his pain was completely gone, and he didn't need his wheelchair anymore, but he still used it because his legs still weren't used to being used for a long time, he had to build up their strength to regular usage.

He parked beside them and hopped out of his jeep, "Hey guys," He grinned as he walked over.

"Hey, Lilo. Are you ready to go in?" Akoni asked, his eyes roaming over Lilo's chest in his tank top.

"Can you guys eye fuck later? I'm hungry," Ned grumbled before he marched towards the diner.

Lilo blushed before quickly following Ned; they found a booth near the back and sat down. "Isn't that the shirt I saw you in yesterday at class?" Akoni asked as he slid closer to Lilo in the booth. "Did you sleep at the beach again?" He asked, and Lilo looked down at the table.

"Yeah, Nani's been a bit unbearable lately, so it's been easier to just stay at the beach," He said, and Akoni looked at him with sad eyes.

"When was the last time you slept in an actual bed?" Akoni asked, looking closer at him. "You're coming to my place later; you can take a shower and relax," he said, placing his arm around Lilo and pulling him close.

"Hey guys, what can I get you?" The waiter asked. Appearing at their table, Lilo looked up into David's wide eyes. "Lilo, what are you doing here?" his sister's boyfriend asked, and Lilo didn't know what to say.

He looked up at David with wide eyes before the other two at the table before taking a shaky breath. "Look, I don't know who you are or how you know my boyfriend, but you are making him uncomfortable," Akoni said, and Lilo's eyes widened as he slowly turned to look at Akoni, who was glaring up at David.

"Akoni, this is David; he's Nani's boyfriend," Lilo said, and Akoni's glare deepened, and a frown joined it.

"I see, well. I want the pancake deluxe platter with a glass of orange juice; Lilo will have the pineapple pancake stack with a chocolate shake," Akoni said before closing his menu and handing it to David, who stared at Lilo as he took them.

"And I will have the waffles and cream with a vanilla milkshake," Ned said before he handed over his menu.

David nodded before casting one last look and left, heading for the kitchen. "Ugh, he's going to tell Nani he saw me here," Lilo groaned, rubbing his forehead, "She's going to start blowing up my phone, especially since I haven't seen her in two weeks," Lilo groaned, and Ned frowned.

"You haven't been home in two weeks?" The red-haired male asked, and Lilo shook his head.

"She has been an extra pain lately; she keeps yelling and saying stupid shit every time I see her. It has been easier not to go home, so I've been sleeping at the beach most nights if I'm not with Akoni," He explained, and the two brothers shared another look.

"You'll be staying with us then," Akoni said, and Lilo shook his head. "There will be no arguments; besides, I could use an extra pair of hands during the night," he said, and Lilo blushed.

David returned with their food and placed them on the table before leaving. They ate in silence, and Ned paid the bill before they left the diner. Lilo exited the dinner first, carrying the coconut cake he promised Stitch, "If it isn't the orphanage, weirdo," A voice snarked, and Lilo turned around to see Marvin standing behind him.

"The fuck do you want?" Lilo asked tiredly, and Marvin sneered at him, "You go time suspended from hula now my mom is mad at me," Marvin sneered, and Lilo rolled his eyes.

"I didn't do anything; you're just an idiot who wants to blame others for your problems," He said, and Marvin growled before punching Lilo in the nose. There was a shout, a hand on Lilo's shoulder, and one lifted his head back.

Opening his eyes, Lilo saw Akoni standing in front of him, his hand cupping Lilo's cheeks. "It's not broken, so you'll be fine. I'll take you home and clean you up," The older man informed him. He then moved away to reveal Officer Kahiko leading Marvin to his cop car.

"That's assault; it's a crime, and you'll be sitting in the cell down at the station till we can contact your mother," Kahiko said, and Marvin cussed before he was placed in the back of the car.

"I'll deal with this, Lilo; you two head home," Ned said, rolling over to the car they arrived in and following the cop car down to the station.

"We can go to my house. I think Nani is supposed to be at work right now," Lilo said, walking towards his jeep. He handed Akoni the key and got in the passenger seat. Lilo gave him directions to the house and was released to see that Nani was indeed out.

"Let's go up to my room," Lilo said, taking his hand and leading him to the platform of his rooftop dome. "Wow, it's stuffy in here," Lilo said, scrunching his nose. He walked over to the wall and pushed a red button. Akoni stared in awe as the roof started to open, revealing the clear sky above them.

"What's an awesome feature right there," He laughed, and Lilo huffed.

"Yeah, Jumba installed it when we rebuilt the house; it comes in handy on really hot nights," Lilo said, moving closer until he was a few inches from Akoni. "You know when I sleep in fewer clothes," he said, wiggling his eyebrows, and Akoni laughed.

"I'm sure it does," he said, shaking his head. "Now, come on, let's get you cleaned up," he said, leading Lilo over to the bed and grabbing the first aid kit he spotted on the bottom shelf of the bedside table. He gently cleaned Lilo's face and placed a bandage on his nose before kissing him.

"LILO," a voice screamed downstairs, and they both froze, "GET DOWN HERE! WE NEED TO TALK!" Nani continued to scream, and Lilo sighed.

"Think we can escape through the window?" He asked, as he stood and made his way to the platform, "I'll be back in a few minutes, I have a small suitcase in my closet and pack some clothes for me?" he said before he pushed the down button.

🌘~🌗~🌖~🌑~🌔~🌓~🌒

Thank you for reading.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Word count: 1301

Published: September 19, 2024, 12 pm

When are you reading this?