Discovery

As the date drew closer, St. Gloriana's began to prepare for the match against Kuromorimine. Part of the preparation was to send a freshman as a spy into Kuromorimine since a freshman wouldn't be easy to recognize. The main problem was that Darjeeling had been missing for a few days and nobody knew where she was. She does this every so often, but for her to disappear so close to the match was alarming.

The spy, named "Britney," went undercover under the name "Lina." She went in and successfully copied information of the tanks going to be used and the plans drawn up. But she took one picture that could change everything purely by accident.

When the girls reviewed the footage, they were overjoyed by the success of their operation, but one girl saw something the others didn't.

"Look, there!"

She points to a corner of a picture to see Darjeeling in a doorway drinking a coffee in a Kuromorimine uniform.

"What is she doing?"

"She's way too recognizable to be a spy."

"Is this what she does when she disappears?"

"Maybe this is why she leaned to speak German."

"She did?"

As the girls discussed their new discovery, they try and find a reasonable explanation but every option they think of can't be backed in her favor. They decided to look through some school records and Darjeeling's room.

They don't want to find that their friend had betrayed them but they also can't let their feelings get in the way of their investigation.

In their investigation they find school records proving that she is enrolled in St. Gloriana's and has been in the tankery club since freshman year. But in her room they find letters from students at Kuromorimine and one from Shiho Nishizumi, headmaster of Kuromorimine.

The evidence made no sense but there was enough to question Darjeeling when she came back.

After a few days she came back and was expecting the usual warm welcome, instead she was met with glares and cold shoulders. Eventually she made it to the tankery garage to see the team.

Darjeeling: "Good day everyone. How have you all been while I was gone?"

Instead of the usual cheerful response, Darjeeling is surrounded by some girls and her arms are tied.

Darjeeling: "What is the meaning of this!?"

Orange Pekeo: "Darjeeling, you are under arrest for espionage and for betrayal."

Darjeeling tries to object but is pulled away as she yells.

The other girls look away feeling betrayed.