up in flames

ROSETTA WATERS was a bastard orphan nobody. There was no other way to describe her, in the eyes of Westeros. She knew deep down that if she disappeared one day, most people wouldn't think to look for her. Just another girl lost to the world. Only the kindness of Princess Rhaenyra ensured her survival. She took pity on the young girl, employing her after her mother's death. Rosetta owed everything to Princess Rhaenyra and her family, which was why she averted her eyes when she saw Prince Jacaerys watching her in a way that wasn't befitting of his station, regardless of the way her heart fluttered whenever they met each other's gazes.

ROSETTA WATERS was nothing special. She was not a warrior or soldier, had no real way to serve her queen when Rhaenyra's throne was usurped. Rosetta was not built for war, and yet, she somehow found herself in the middle of it when she found herself face to face with the most feared wild dragon known to man.

ROSETTA WATERS was a bastard. She was an orphan. She was a dragonrider. She was in love with Prince Jacaerys. She was somebody.

ALEC ARRYN just wanted to play with his cats and try to convince himself that he wasn't hopelessly in love with Lucerys Velaryon. Was that really such a hard thing to ask? According to the gods, yes it was. Because it wasn't enough that he blushed when he saw pretty boys or was absolutely horrified by the idea of marrying a woman. He had to pine helplessly for Rhaenyra Targaryen's favourite son.

ALEC ARRYN was not built for war. He was shy and bookish and never beat Jace in swordplay, even though he'd been Rhaenyra's ward since he was seven years old. However, when his cousin's throne was taken from her, he was plunged directly into one.

ALEC ARRYN would do anything for Lucerys Velaryon. Even kill Aemond Targaryen.

A/N

Okay, this intro is exceptionally lazy, but I don't really care because my babies are going to be published. So you get what you get and I get to see my little children!! Alec is my surprise to you all, because I love my little anxious gay child who keeps sneaking cats into the castle and no one knows where he keeps finding them.

I really hope you all like this story as much as I do!!!