nine

"This is some collection you got here

"This is some collection you got here." Ricky spoke, looking down at the long shelf of vinyls on the girl's wall. "You listen to King Harvest?"

"Hey, that's a single, and I like what I like." Esme pointed down at the boy, causing him to chuckle as he looked back at the vinyls.

Ricky pulled a record from the shelf, expecting it for a second before standing up as he made his way to the record player.

"Whatcha got there?" Esme asked, peeking over the boy's arm to notice the familiar cover, making her smile lightly before she walked away. "That's a good one. Play side B."

"Side B." Ricky mumbled to himself, flipping the disc over to see the small B before carefully placing it down before pressing start.

I found a love, for me

Ricky turned to face the Ortiz girl, holding his hand out, causing her to take it as he pulled her closer, placing his hand on her back.

Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never you were that someone waiting for me

The pair silently danced with their eyes locked, dancing to the song with ease, with the boy leading.

Without a word, the boy lifted Esme off the ground by her waist as he continued to dance with her in a circle, making her laugh.

He began spinning them before stopping, slowly falling back onto the girl's bed.

The sound of the girl's laugh made him smile.

Quickly, the Bowen boy stood up, stepping onto the girl's bed as he began jumping beside her.

"Come on." Ricky said, holding his hands out for the girl as she sat up.

She grabbed onto both of his hands, causing him to lift her up so she would be standing on the bed.

Still with their hands together, the pair began jumping up and down on the bed like they were kids.

That was until Ricky hit his head on the ceiling and fell down onto the bed, making Esme gasp.

"Oh my god, Ricky, are you okay?" Esme asked, covering her face, trying not to laugh as she examined the boy's head.

"I'm fine." Ricky groaned, sending the girl a smile as he snaked his arms around her waist, pacing his head on her stomach.

The girl smiled down at the boy as she ran her hair through his curls. The girl let out a squeal when the boy pulled her down beside him.

The pair couldn't help but laugh, heads dangling over the edge of the girl's bed.

Ricky wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulder, causing her to look down at it as she placed her hand in his before slowly looking over at the boy, causing their eyes to meet.