ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ

::::**•°𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 °•**::::

....::::**•°𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐍 °•**::::....

As I settled into the leather-backed chair of the conference room, the weight of the impending confrontation pressed heavily on my mind. The large table was already half-filled with executives and advisors, each person shuffling papers and prepping for the discussion. My father, ever the stoic presence, was conversing in hushed tones with his closest consultant, undoubtedly strategizing their approach. I knew today's meeting was pivotal, centered on the controversial business venture I had passionately invested in—a venture my father vehemently opposed.

The room was filled with the soft hum of pre-meeting chatter and the clink of coffee cups on saucers. Despite the buzz, my thoughts were elsewhere, specifically on Wooyoung, whose communication I had inadvertently neglected. Our last encounter had been unexpectedly personal, revealing layers to our relationship that I hadn't anticipated exploring. Now, caught up in the whirlwind of business responsibilities, I regretted not finding the time to reach out to him.

The entrance of Wooyoung and his father shifted the atmosphere in the room instantly. As they approached the table, I could feel the tension spike—a palpable force that seemed to fill the expansive meeting space. My hand unconsciously formed a fist at the sight of Mr. Choi, a reflex born from many previous encounters marked by friction and frustration.

Wooyoung, appearing uncertain and noticeably on edge, followed closely behind his father. It was clear that the dynamics of this meeting were weighing heavily on him as well. As much as I tried to focus on the documents before me, I couldn't help but keep one eye on him, concerned about the pressures he must be feeling.

Mr. Choi, ever the assertive businessman, broke the silence with a pointed greeting that seemed to echo around the room. "Finally seeing you again, Mr. Choi," he said, his voice carrying a mix of formality and an undercurrent of challenge.

I looked up, meeting his gaze with a steely resolve. The room held its breath, awaiting my response. "This will be the last time I won't be taking on any meetings with you. Whatever you and my father want to say, you have ten minutes," I stated, my tone icy and firm. The grip on my pen tightened, a physical manifestation of my determination not to be overpowered or undermined in this critical discussion.

My statement set a clear boundary, signaling that the usual extended debates and manipulations would not be entertained today. This meeting was about business, yes, but it was also about asserting control and protecting my interests against a backdrop of familial and inter-company politics.

My father eyes narrowed slightly, obviously taken aback by my directness, but he quickly masked his surprise with a nod, acknowledging the constraints I had placed on the discussion. "Very well, let's get to the point then," he said, signaling to Wooyoung to hand out the folders they had brought with them.

As I sat across from Wooyoung and his father, I found myself taking deep, measured breaths to maintain my composure. The irony of the situation was not lost on me; engaging in a serious business discussion with the father of someone who was not only a personal acquaintance but also a rival's son. Observing Wooyoung, I noted a stark difference in his demeanor from when I had first encountered him in such a setting. He carried himself with an unexpected confidence, a marked change from the initial hesitancy he once displayed.