Chapter 20 - Summer

The night before had been amazing. It was her first time so it wasn’t the most pleasant thing but she felt safe and content with Sunghoon. Afterwards they laid there and talked until they both eventually fell asleep, when she awoke Sunghoon’s manager had already picked him up and all that was left of him was a note saying Goodbye, see you soon <3 and his shirt she had fallen asleep in. 

Wonyoung laid in his bed for a long time after she woke up the feeling of guilt destroying her stomach. She had betrayed Heeseung, after only spending two days alone with Sunghoon she had managed to kiss him many times,  loose her virginity and break one of the biggest promises she has ever made. Wonyoung had no idea how she was going to tell Heeseung or when, this wasn't something you could say over the phone that was just ignorant but she couldn't imagine telling him to his face either.

Wonyoung rolled over, face first into her pillow and screamed. For just a few weeks her life had been perfect and she managed it screw it all up once again.

Time skip

It was 5 full days later and Wonyoung was chilling in bed reading a book when her phone rang. She scrambled out of bed, snatched it off her vanity and answered the call in lightning speed “Hello!” she yelled her adrenaline pumping, “Hey, it’s me” he said his voice tickling her ear. She had been waiting for Sunghoon to call her for what seemed like week’s and she couldn’t explain how giddy she felt finally getting the call “So how’s america?” she asked him flopping onto her bed wanting to hear every detail. “I-it’s pretty great” he stuttered, seemingly distracted. She could hear loud bangs and music coming from his end of the call before it went silent. 

Wonyoung wrinkled her brows and examined her phone, she was about to hang up when suddenly his voice rang out “Do you have my shirt?”

Wonyoung stayed silent, Of course she had his shirt she had been sleeping in it for the past few days breathing in his smell as she drifted off to sleep but she didn’t tell him that.

“Maybe…I’m not sure?” she lied, more silence. “Well I got to go…um tell me if you find it” and before she could even say goodbye he hung up. She was a little surprised by his distraction but she knew that he was busy right now and didn’t think much of it. Later in the day she washed and mailed him his shirt. 

                                Summer 

Their call’s continued for the rest of the summer. She would go through her week and every Friday after the music bank broadcast he would call. Sometimes he would be energetic and they would talk for a whole hour but other times it would be a few short distracted sentences.
Her university performance was cancelled due to Sunghoon’s absence which did add insult to injury but her new mc partner Chaemin had been super charming which had been a welcoming surprise. 

July 19th 

Wonyoung had just arrived home from Music Bank when her phone rang. “Hey” she answered breezily as she unlocked the door “Come visit me” he shouted, Wonyoung froze “w-what” she stuttered questioning if she had just heard him correctly. “Take the weekend off and come visit me!” Sunghoon exclaimed, she couldn’t help but smile at his excitement, but she had a comeback coming up and didn’t think a weekend trip to New York was realistic.

Wonyoung sighed and took a seat on the stairs “I want to see you but, I just don’t think it’s possible” he stayed silent for what seemed like a really long time “Yeah…I guess I wasn’t being realistic. It’s just I miss you cherry” Her heart ached hearing those words, she too wanted to see him so bad. “I’ll try to come,” Wonyoung told him “Really?” he asked with his voice perking up “I can’t promise anything but i’ll try” she explained before saying goodbye and ending the call.