Chapter-10: Yikes indeed

"Okay, I want you to hold the lunge for 1 minute" Ms.Davina says as she paces across the room eyeing everyone for mistakes as everyone including me hiss at the pain of the workout, how is this the basics?!. It's the starting week of the actual curriculum and the first base is flexibility taught by Ms.Davina, though she looks like a sweet Pilates instructor but her workouts are brutal a girl fainted during warmups... "okay a minute is over you can leave, class is over" Ms.Davina announced and the class broke out in sighs and 'thank gods'.

As I rolled up my mat ready to leave a familiar voice called me "HEY!" I turned to see Maddy running to me from across the room when she reached me she was slightly panting "sorry it's...just Mrs. Davina's classes are very...what's the word...draining?. Ice right?" She said completely out of breath, I offered her some water...

"yeah, I know the pain, my inner thighs hurt like hell and yeah, nice to see you again" I say as we both start walking to the cafeteria. The Pilates room is in a hallway between the cafeteria and the headmaster's office, the hallway splits into two directions right the boys Pilates room and left the girls. As we take a seat in the enormous cafeteria like, this one is bigger than my parents house.

Maddy has such a comforting presence, she feels like Lily but less talkative and calm, she has a knitted burgundy sweater over her workout clothes which matches her hair beautifully

Maddy has such a comforting presence, she feels like Lily but less talkative and calm, she has a knitted burgundy sweater over her workout clothes which matches her hair beautifully...just got to say she is absolutely gorgeous. "So, how are you liking Carnage island so far?" She asks

"oh, I really like it a cool environment and everything except for a god awful roommate" I say with a roll of my eyes
"oh, who is that?" She questions curiosity engraved in her eyes "Zack Henrison" I say with the most dull voice, her face morphs and then turns to pity and I wish I can take my words back." yikes..." she finally says "yikes indeed" I spit out breaking the eye contact because I can't look at someone's face when they are pitying me it makes me feel...low like I did something wrong, it makes me feel disgusted about myself for making them feel sad about a nobody like me well that's what my mom used to say when I tried to say how I was treated at home to somebody else, a vague memory rushed back in my mind...

"Do you feel proud of yourself now, ice?" My mom shouted, all because I tried to say I'm tired because my mom refused to make me breakfast "but mommy..." I try to say sobbing "first, don't call me that it's so childish you're not a kid Ice, call me mother or better don't call me at all. Second stop that ugly sobbing you look disgusting. Third don't try to reason with me you brat" my mother yelled her face flushed red with anger " are you proud of yourself for making a person sad about a nobody like you" she laughed "no..." I cry "then shut your dumb mouth" she said and left.........I was seven......

I now know she said that because she didn't want me telling anyone I'm being mistreated at home....
"ICE!" I was snapped back to reality with a worried Maddy "are you okay?" She asked I force myself to look at her face which I'm successful at for about 2 seconds, I try to control the uncontrollable shaking of my hands as I try to gather my thoughts "I'm fine" I say as much as I try to stop the shaking of my voice I still come out as anxious. As I look at anything to make me not look at her.
Im sure she is worrying , somebody caring for you, oh please!
" I got to go" I say and grab my bag and dorm key and rush out without making eye contact or waiting for a reply. I rush to my dorm as I anxiously pick up my key and try to stab it through the key hole, I kept missing because of my shaking hands but finally got it and it clicks open, I rush in and slam the door, leaning against it for support and welcoming the feeling of loneliness.

"aren't you supposed to be in class?" A voice breaks through my peaceful moment I open my eyes to see the only person that I did not want to see today standing near the kitchen with a poker face...great my moment of peaceful bliss is ruined. "and aren't you supposed to mind your own business" I counteract, he gives me a unimpressed look and walks away, then my stomach rumbles, I go to the kitchen and search for something to devour, when the presence of someone else fills the room goddamn.

"skipping class on your first main week I see.." he say juggling an apple in his hands, I find a mango and start cutting it " fyi: I'm not skipping class, my class ended 10 minutes ago and it's break and I don't have any other class today." god why am I explaining this to him " and I'm starting to think it's Mr prince whose skipping class because I don't see Lily back yet and aren't you guys classmates" I now turned the question around, good job me "it's a holiday for sophomores and Lily went out with friends" he say smirking like he just accomplished something the only thing he accomplished is my rage which I think is what he wanted because narcissists love getting reactions from people.

"so your indirectly saying you don't have friends, figures you know people don't like someone who has a shitty personality" I say and it's my time to smirk I can't see him but I feel the weight of his glare "it no problem really some people just need a high five....in the face......with a chair" I say now I got him

"and some people just need to die for thinking they belong in a place which they don't deserve be in" he says his voice dripping with disgust.

Then I snapped I took the knife and put it on his throat, not harsh enough to cut but enough for it to hurt "you listen here you son of a bitch, I deserve to be here every last bit as you do and I don't care if you don't think that because your opinion doesn't pay for my education just cause you're a prince doesn't make you any less of a human being so shut the fuck up bastard" I complete my knife still on his throat there is a slight noise I don't recognise so but I am way too distracted, trying not to puncher a hole in this sucker throat I grip the knife harder, putting my pressure on the handle, so I don't push it into his throat then, the door open and Lily and Ryan walk in they look just as baffled as me, Zack takes this chance and snatches the knife turns me around, locks his arm over my neck and brings the other arm to place the knife on my throat.

He leans his head forward so his mouth is to my ear and says "a good assassin never gets distracted but good try, you caught me off guard" he says removes the knife from my throat and throws it on the island and goes to his room, from the other side of the room I can hear Lily say " what the fuck..."

And to be fair, that's my reaction too Lily, I just put a knife to the throat of the prince who's ground I'm walking on and he almost killed me in return, I noticed something sting on my neck, I tilt my head down to see blood oozing out of my neck...

Author's note

I'm pretty sure I'm the only author that's procrastinating writing during my holidays, oh wait there's this girl Leona_505 , also Zack is not a narcissist ice just thinks that he is, which I find very funny tbh. This chapter was very fun to write I wrote it at 11:30 pm in one sitting. So yeah bye 👋!