1. Shannon

Ah,yes. Shannon Pulsky. Age of 6 and the cutest smile. One of the children I'm clinging onto. She tends to ignore me alot, so she doesn't know my name. She calls me "Mr. Gloomy" instead.
Anyway, I've been hanging onto Shannon for at least 3 months.
She's got to crack any day now. I'd heard fighting from the living room and certain words has slipped into Shannons bedroom as she was practising her reading.
"I can't believe you! You spend our money on bets again?! You've already been buried in dept!"
-SLAP-
"Shut the fuck up! I'll do what I want to! It's my damn money anyway! Have a problem with it? Go get a job!"
"You know I can't do that! I have to watch Shannon!"
"Shannon's fine, You stupid bitch! Stop being so damn scared of your daughter being stolen!"
Ahaha... As you can see Shannon's parents, John Pulsky (age 35) and Jennifer Pulsky (age 32) are broke. Her father being a massive bidder (he led me straight to shannon) and her mother an addicted alcoholic didn't exactly help their financial problems any.
"Shannon.... They're yelling again..."
"It's money troubles...."
"Why aren't you helping? All this money they've spent on YOU."
"You're just a problem to them, you can't even colour in the lines at school. What's the point in you being here?"
I watched shannon frown and turn to me.
"... Do you want to be a good girl and help them?"
She nodded and stood up.
"Come on, then... I'll help you. You can have all the money in the world after you do this little thing for me."
Shannon stood there a bit more and listened to her parents scream at each other and argue and I waited patiently, watching her.
She soon walked towards me and looked at me.
"Ahaha... made up your mind have you? This way..."
This has been happening through the whole 3 months. Every night she'd sit and listen. Tonight, I decided to help her shut them up.
"Come on. Over here. Trust me."
I walked closer to the green pool with it's cover rolled up along the side.
"You see down there? There's something you should see. It'll help you earn money. What's that? You can't see it? Perhaps try moving CLOSER. Look deep down into the water."
She got down on her knees and leaned close to the water, her face was only inches away.
"Do you need a nudge? Ahaha...."
I watched as a graver appeared from the grass and ran over, shoving her into the water before covering the pool with the cover that was left to the side.
Shannon had reached the surface and gasped for breathe, getting no air she flailed around try to swim out to a corner or throw it off of her.
I stood there and looked down upon her hopeless struggle with a faint smile upon my face.
Was this how I died? It didn't feel right. I had always hated the water. I could never have drowned.
I watched as the little girls arms became weak and she fell back onto her back and floated in the water.
"Good Night, Shannon. The shoutings gone now and you are the richest person alive because now you can tell every one what life after death is like. What's that?"
I walked next to the water and crouched down, watching her body float.
"You're dead? Ahaha... too bad, I guess. Maybe in the next life, my dear."
I heard the back door slam open as her parents piled out, screaming her name and stood next to me. Not knowing I was ever there.
As they dragged her dead body out of the water I watched as a massive water demon (a creature looking somewhat like a whale but with no eyes) came up from the ground and swallowed her soul whole.
Her mother (smart woman) filed for divorce against her husband and he was glad to accept.
They're now living their own happy lives and put everything of their daughters, up for sale. I attached my spirit onto two of the books that shannon always read.I stared out at all the familys walking around the sale looking at Shannons belongings. I wonder which lucky kid gets to meet me next.......