Part 8

Looking back later, Pei Jin Yan said when he first saw me, sitting in front of the piano surrounded by flowers, I looked like a prince from a fairy tale.

I joked that he looked more like a prince.

Right now, under my bewildered gaze, this intruder started to apologize: "Sorry, I was drawn here by the piano sound, it's very nice."

His voice sounded deep, giving a sense of experience and gentleness.

I remembered the village head recently mentioning that an investor was coming to inspect the local tea fields.

This person must be from there.

I said, "It's okay."

He apparently saw the little audience next to me and said something unexpected: "Can I stay and listen too?"

Perhaps it's been too long since I've seen someone from the outside world, or maybe because the person was so polite, I agreed.

That day, the piano music played for a long time in my small garden.

Later, I played a new piece I composed, and he specifically came over to ask what it was, saying he hadn't heard it before but found it very nice.

I paused for a moment, then said, "It doesn't have a name yet."

He seemed to pause, then chuckled lightly, praising my music.

He introduced himself, just as I thought, someone coming to inspect.

According to human social etiquette, I should also introduce myself.

"Call me Little Jiang."

That's what people here call me, those older call me Little Jiang, younger ones call me Brother Jiang.

I thought this was a casual encounter, afterwards we would still be strangers, he looked wealthy and probably wouldn't stay long in such a place.

The next morning, I saw him at my garden gate.

It was still early.

I saw him carrying breakfast and saying, "Little Jiang, will you play the piano today?"

I hesitated, then nodded reflexively.

He's a good listener, the only person in this village who knows a bit about music theory, and we had quite a few topics in common.

The village's tea fields were contracted out, which counted as an income, the village was happy, and with the road being built, transportation would increasingly improve, boosting the economy.