Claire II

DAMON

I walked around the new construction in the pack, supervising the work they had done so far. I am constructing a new building for omegas.

A lot of pups have died within two months due to cold and lack of shelter. Omegas deserve to have a good life too, they might have the lowest rank but they are not slaves, at least, in my pack.

I am trying as much as I can to make the pack conducive for everyone since we are family.

A part of this building will be used to accommodate the omegas while the other side will be used as the military camp to enhance security in the pack.

A war can break out anytime and we don't have enough manpower to protect ourselves, just like five years ago.

Many of my people died in the hands of Reed Pack not because we were not strong enough but because we were not trained.

If that sort of mistake happens again, then it will be my fault. The only thing we can do to help ourselves is to gather enough male wolves and train hard.

No one prays for a dispute but it is better to be prepared for one, I am not going to lose any of my people to a war again.

The dispute between the reed pack and my pack, the sea moon pack, made us lose our valuables. We lost a few lands and other things to them as a peace offering.

I glanced at my time as I moved around, I will be having a meeting in an hour regarding household income.

We are trying to gauge the number of homes that have a stable income to know how we will work towards reducing poverty by providing more job opportunities.

I am doing whatever I can to make my pack better than the others so that the people can walk with confidence and be proud that they are from my pack.

I may look cold and ruthless but I would never hurt anyone unless they get on my toes and trample on my feet.

"Good morning, Alpha" Cane greeted me as he walked up to me. He is the head of District C which controls the pack's crude oil.

"Good morning, how is the extraction going? Are the machines working fine?" I inquired.

"Everything is working fine, but can we get more people to join us at the site? Eight elderly wolves stopped working last week. We are having a tough time due to that" he explained.

I nodded my head at him in understanding. Extraction is a work that requires a lot of people to work on it, so it's only right to get them enough manpower.

As much as wolves are known for their strong stamina, we also get tired when we are overworked. "I will get more people to join you in 24 hours" I guaranteed.

"Thank you, Alpha" he appreciated. "Keep working hard" I bobbed and resumed walking around the vicinity.

I look around for a few more minutes and leave. I will continue the supervision tomorrow or assign Luca to do the job for me. I don't want to be late for a meeting I organized.

On my way back, I saw a figure of Luca walking towards me with a horrified look on his face. Seeing him look like someone who has seen a scary ghost made me frown.

Luca is not someone who gets scared, his looks alone are enough to frighten the devil himself. What could have possibly happened to make him look this way?

"Are you okay? What is the problem?" I asked as he got closer to me, looking pale. The only thing I was hearing was the uneven sound of his breath with the terrified look still masked on his face.

He looked too astounded to utter a word and I was becoming impatient with his silence. "What the heck happened, Luca? Are you going to keep silent?" I growled.

My heart skipped as so many possibilities ran through my mind. Did anything happen to his mother? That would probably be the only thing that would get Luca to look like this but that was not it.

"The person who attempted to kill you three years ago was a woman" Luca spoke after getting hold of his breath.

My brow furrowed in confusion. Is he looking this shocked because he found out that the person who poisoned me was a woman and not a man?

"Is that why you look like you were beaten by a heavy rain?" I probed. Luca didn't say anything, he stood frozen and just kept staring at me.

"I do not care about the person's gender. I am going to make sure she goes through hell, I will kill her a thousand times on earth before sending her to hell" I shook in anger.

The fact that she is a woman would not change anything, I will not forgive anyone who messes with me. Tiana was also an innocent young woman.

She was the nicest person anyone could ever meet. While people see me as a burning flame, she is like water that could quench me anytime I am burning too high.

She was lovable and loved by everyone in the pack, even little kids were fond of her.

That same person died in my arms, she died right in front of me and I couldn't do anything to save her. I couldn't save myself either.

I am battling with two scars that were caused by one person. How can I spare her because she turned out to be a woman?

I will make sure she meets Tiana in heaven and apologize to her before she is thrown into hell. I didn't wait for Luca, I started walking away. My steps faltered the instant I heard my name.

"There is a problem, Damon," Luca mentioned. I did a 360 in a swift, my eyes getting hold of his. Luca will never call me by my name unless it is very important.

At that moment, I didn't realize that the woman we were talking about was someone I thought I knew more than anyone else, someone I could lay down my life for.

"The person who poisoned you and the Luna three years ago was Claire and right now, she is out of the tower, with your mistress"