➤𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 01꩜ .ᐟ

LET'S TALK CHARACTER DESCRIBING(page one)

--------------------------------

FACIAL ★ 

› Describing eye colours isn't actually helpful as a description? Talk about the makeup smeared on their left side, The lines under their eyes, The sloppily cut hair obscuring their eyes from view, How bloodshot or sunken they seem in the face, How glassy and unblinking they seem, How they're always darting away, The dried drool in the corner of their lips.

All of that tells me a bit more about the character then whatever shade of gemstone they most resemble.

CLOTHES ★ 

› Usually here (mainly in fan-fictions) i don't see anybody descriptive towards the character's clothing; While adding a photo for reference is good and allows everyone to know what the character is wearing.. It's sloppy work and kind of ruins the feel of it being a book. 

Instead get yourself a photo for reference and try describe that as best as you can! From the type of clothing, The shade of colour, How it fits on the character, The feel of it, etc. To making it a bit more detailed.

All of these things make your story a tad bit more "professional" seeming, And doesn't ruin the feel of it being a book with a random image (though if you still want the image maybe having it linked in the comments would be good)

HAIR ★

› One of the most important things on a character (seeing how much the hair colour is said by authors) let's be a little descriptive about it, Shall we? The colour is important as most already know, But let's not keep the description of said colour of locks basic; Seeing the word "Brunette" thirty times in one paragraph can been annoying, Change the word up a bit to "Brown hair" or "Chocolate" if your looking for more simple ones.. But try not to repeat the same word so many times.

As the hair colour is more used while describing the character in third person (rather than simply using their name), Let's give the hair more of a personality shall we? What style is it in, How long or short is it? Put those into the story to make it less repeated and more smooth sailing.