IV. dragonmont

24th day of the ninth moon, 117AC

The Red Keep has turned into a burnt Harenhall since you left, and the green followers are the ghosts of the burnt haunting my every move.
No one told me where you disappeared to, and the days until my marriage are getting shorter.
If something keeps you from the help you promised me, let it be as you have decided.
But if there's atleast a little hope left, make it true and help me.

Little Dragon

The letter was more than strongly written. It mirrored all of Princess Daella's emotions.
She rolled up her confession and sealed it with the red seal of the her family.
It was the last possible thing that could free her from her unwanted marriage.
The moon shone brightly outside the window, just like the day she stepped out of the carriage with her destiny placed on a tray for her father.
Daella closed her eyes and wondered if the words she wrote were correct.
What if he opens that letter and laughs at it for the rest of the day with a glass of wine in hand? What if he doesn't arrive at all where the Prince is? What if someone else reads it? The words were clearly more than hateful towards the Alicent Hightower.
Daella wanted to tear it up and throw the small pieces of confession to the fire, but at the same time.. at the same time she couldn't help how she felt. 'If something keeps you from the help you promised me, let it be as you have decided' she recited the words that were in the letter. 'You're asking for pity, Daella what are you doing!!' an inner voice shouted at her. 'You write there as if your future husband is going to torture you until the end of your days. You don't even know him! Maybe you really are just giving yourself a bad image of Alicent Hightower's family.' said the same voice.
'It's Hightower after all! How can you marry one of those green snakes slowly strangling your father!' said the other voice, much more tempting, more convincingly.
The Princess turned sharply away from the window, walking towards the hearth where the fire was still burning.
The first voice was convincing her so strongly to do it.
But in the end, the selfishness of the young Princess won out. The letter remained in her hand, ready to be sent to her uncle.
After threatening one of her uncle's guards today, Daella found out he was in Runestone, at the castle of his late wife Lady Rhae Royce.
Daella decided that she would take the letter to the Grand Maester right in the morning and send it to Runestone infront of her eyes, even if she had to hold a dagger to his neck.
Something really didn't sit right with her, Daemon's departure was kept secret, and Daella still didn't know why her father kept it so secret from her. Perhaps her uncle did something very drastic, or maybe something surfaced in his last conversation with Viserys.
There was nothing else to do but guess what it could be.
It was also possible that he left of his own free will. Maybe he didn't care about his niece's whole situation and let her go through her fate.
'I can't think like that.' she said to herself.
The ruby ​​ring on her index finger reflected the fire from the hearth. It was such a beautiful ring, she admired it every time she looked at it.
'Not even Dragostone was as lonely as this castle is now.' she sighed as she looked around the dark chamber. She couldn't sleep for several hours, that dream accompanied her last night as well as the night before. She decided that tomorrow, when she will be at the Grand Maester Mellos, she would ask him for some strong sleepless broth, because hers didn't help her.
Dreams didn't obey her like other things when she experimented with charms.
Daella sat down on the sofa and opened the book on the reign of Jaehaerys I, that she had been reading since she arrived from Dragonstone.
She couldn't help herself, she read the chapters about Jaehaerys and Alysanne's children over and over 6 times already. She was most interested in their daughters, especially her grandmother Daella and Daella's younger sister Saera, who left to Essos when she was only 18 years old.
'Who knows if she's still alive.' she thought. There were no records of her from Essos, probably even if she lived, it was under an assumed name.
Daella wished she could be as crazy as her and leave everything behind for the freedom that was stolen from her.