30 ⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆ thanatophobia, sarang, and moxie

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌗 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

thirty

'She's proof you can walk through hell and still be an angel.'

─── ・ 。゚⟡ 🌗 ⟡ ˚。 ・ ───

(Y/N)

"And breathe through this," Paul concludes, showing Jessica the breathing tube as he adjusts a strap on her shoulder.

I watch the two, my gaze lingering on my husband for a little longer than normal.

My husband. It's still crazy when you think about it.

Years ago, I never thought I'd ever be married. And now, I've fallen in love with my own husband and he cares about me more than my own family.

And so do his own parents.

Where were these people all my life...?

He's just... perfect.

The low rumbling of a sandworm in the distance catches my attention and I slowly watch it leave as we adjust our masks, hauling our fremkits over our shoulders.

"Now we have to find the Fremen," my husband says through the mask, and our eyes meet as he turns to look at his mother and myself.

Our gazes lock onto one another, and for a moment, his eyes soften without even expressing it. He looks smitten, and by the Maker, I definitely was.

"Are you good?" He finally asks, snapping out of his trance, talking to his mother as she nods.

"Yeah."

Paul leads the way, reaching back to take my hand as Jessica follows us, like leaders to followers.

My gaze trails on Paul's stillsuit and the scarf he wears. He looks gorgeous in a dark grey.

We continue walking, heading into a path between canyons, and the erosion of the rocks looks like a sculpture.

Paul leads us down a sandy slope, sliding down and I can't help but smile at the feeling. The forest was grassy, sure, but this was something else.

I almost completely forgot about home.

Paul takes my hand, snapping me out of my thoughts as he leads me to a rock where we all take a seat and rest for a while. My gaze travels along the horizon, and I find myself instinctively leaning against my husband's chest, sensing his head turn as he looks down at me before we both look out at the desert.

God, he could dominate me with the mask on. Or off. Either worked.

I snap myself out of my thoughts, shaking my head as my vision blurs. Re-opening my eyes, all I see is orange light reflecting off the canyons.

Another Fremen is leading us through the narrow passages of the canyon. A woman.

Voices echo around us, and a familiar voice comes to my attention. "(Y/N)..."

The woman removes her mask to reveal her hair.

Who is she?

Paul crouches down beside me, his breathing wafting along my neck as we watch a small mouse huddle into what looks to be a makeshift home made out of spider webs.

"Don't be frightened," a voice says, old and frail, before it distorts into one voice, presumably the woman's.

"Even a little desert mouse can survive."