Chapter 7: Smoke

Just near the Wastelands of Outworld, two Lin Kuei ninja are seen just arriving in Outworld. 

The first ninja is wearing a blue and black attire, bearing the same looks of Sub-Zero

The first ninja is wearing a blue and black attire, bearing the same looks of Sub-Zero. However, the Sub-Zero who died at the previous Mortal Kombat tournament had a younger brother and would arrive at Shang Tsung's island, mimicking the other's moves. The one who died was named Bi-Han. This Sub-Zero's name is Kuai Liang. The second is wearing a similiar attire, but his has grey on it. His name is Tomas Vrbada, but his code name is Smoke.

Smoke: We should stay together, Tundra. Assuming your brother's identity will certainly draw attention. Not all of it welcome.

Sub-Zero: [Nods] You are right, Smoke. But assuming Bi-Han's identity is the best way to honor him.

Smoke: Let us proceed then, Sub-Zero.

Sub-Zero: [Rethinks plan] We should separate. Our fellow Lin Kuei will not be far behind once our absence is discovered.

Smoke: If only they had been more forthcoming with the details of your brother's demise. We will find Shang Tsung. He will tell us all he knows.

Sub-Zero: If he killed Bi-Han, he will die. [Salutes Smoke] Be stealthful as the night...

Smoke: [Salutes back] And deadly as the dawn.

Sub-Zero leaves Smoke to his duties, but not before Kitana arrives, pursuing him.

Kitana: The emperor was wise to send me here. The Lin Kuei do walk uninvited in his realm.

Smoke: Wise though your emperor might be, he was foolish to send his housemaid to interfere with Lin Kuei business.

Kitana: [Furious] I am Kitana, Princess of Outworld! And I deal harshly with sharp-tongued intruders!

1:12/2:35

Smoke: Where there is Smoke, there is fire. [Walks over to the fallen princess] Sleep well, princess.

Smoke leaves Kitana in her spot and makes his way to the Living Forest, where Shang Tsung and Kano are seen shooting rocket launchers.

Kano: [Smoke hides behind tree] With a whole army totin' these, no one in Outworld or Earthrealm could stand up to you.

Shang Tsung: [Inspects rocket launcher] Well done. You may tell your fellow Black Dragon that I am very interested in your merchandise.

Smoke approaches, determined to get the answers behind Bi-Han's death, letting himself known to the leader of the Black Dragons and sorcerer of Outworld.

Smoke: Shang Tsung!

Kano: [Puts down rocket launcher] I'll take care of him. No charge. One dead Lin Kuei... in a tick.