new girl in town - (chapter 1)

characters featured in this chapter:
-camille (cami) russell
-josie lewis
-claire king
-sadie nelson
-mrs. flores
-mrs. barnes
-the priest
-nancy chen
-reese kennedy

(i'm sorry for this chapter being short, this is the first time i'm ever writing a story here on wattpad)

(warning for the future, i do like to change perspectives and tenses; like switching from first to third person - you'll see as the story goes on)
————————————————————

it was a normal day for me at golden hills prepatory school. sitting by myself with my sketchbook at lunch, awaiting for the popular trio to recite their daily insult to me.

i'm weird according to everyone. i'm also a big time introvert. i don't like wearing white stockings and pretty bows in my hair. i enjoy wearing black tights and leg warmers and trying new hair styles everyday (it's the most i can do since we have to wear a uniform at this all girls school). i enjoy listening to goth music and wearing a lot of silver jewelry. i guess they're just missing out on being truly happy.

in all honesty, it's how i've been all my life. ever since i could remember, i always was different compared to everyone else. to be fair, i didn't believe in all the stuff that was handed to me since i was a baby. sitting in church for an hour on every sunday and listening to people talking about a god that isn't fully proven to exist just isn't for me. but i just went along with it to make my family and peers happy.

as i was drawing, josie lewis slammed her hand on the table in front of me while i was drawing.

"ignoring me now, aren't we?" she said with a fake smile afterwards.

"oh believe me, i try to avoid you at any cost." i said in the same tone as her.

josie lewis was always mean to me as a kid. it was just my luck to be sent as the same high school as her. i've had to deal with her and her little clique ever since i could remember. i have to deal with it though because her parents and mine are friends. i guess we didn't get the memo.

"are you trying to make her mad? she didn't have her coffee this morning and you know how she gets." said claire king.

"i could care less about her stupid coffee" i rudely said in a nasally voice.

"sadie, go get me my bag! i need my perfume because i don't wanna be around this nasty aroma of darkness!" josie said through her teeth with her fake smile.

"yes, i'll go right now! um, where's your locker again, josie?" sadie nelson said softly.

you could tell sadie was scared of josie. so she always did what josie told her because she just wanted to be popular. but she would still be mean like the rest of them.

"ugh, you don't know ANYTHING! i'll come with you! come on, claire!" josie practically screamed.

"hmph!" claire said as she speedily walked away with her arms crossed.

i was going to continue drawing until the priest walked by and questioned what had just happened. i don't like him at all because he always takes their side. so i just made up what happened and he walked away with skepticism in his tone.

the bell rang and i made my way to my algebra class. the rest of the day was a blur, just like always. my last class is art, which is my favorite part of my day. the teacher, mrs. flores, is the only person in the whole school who is nice to me and i sadly consider her my only friend. sometimes i'll sit in her classroom during my lunch period when she isn't busy.