Prologue

Terrible things happen to everybody. Perhaps you hadn't even done anything wrong, but trouble finds everyone. Sometimes it isn't much, perhaps a mundane breakup, you feel a bit down for a few minutes while it happens, but then you're fine after that. Perhaps you dropped a piece of candy on the floor. Sure, you wanted to eat that, but it only cost a dollar, you can get another one. These events may be different for everyone. Perhaps for someone else that breakup was an ugly one with a partner that they have been with for years, perhaps it was over text, or they were suddenly just ghosted. Perhaps that candy meant everything to them, working on minimum wage, they had saved up for a week just to buy a pack of them. It can be different, but tragic events happen all the time. The situation is quite different when someone else had caused it. For those small events mentioned, perhaps an apology would do, you would talk with them about it over dinner, and everything would be normal again. But for those bigger events, the ones that stick with you for life, those are different. It is no longer they that have to do something about it, it would be you. That is what this story is about, revenge, but you must realize that there is no meaning or purpose to revenge. It would be much easier to just let it go, for everything to go back to normal. It would be hard though, to swallow that slime at the back of your throat, to apologize for something that they should be paying for. But revenge, now that feels good.