chapter one

PROLOGUE

In the city of Detroit now with dark clouds and eerie sounds, fire lit up everywhere spreading wildly, cries of people who couldn't save their loved ones. In a house that seemed peaceful belonged to the Rodriguez's family.

Mr. Rodriguez, a retired army colonel had his hair striped with grey strands but a muscular physique, his wife Hilda was about the same age but slim and curvy hips. They both had the child they prayed for thirty years of a childless marriage had now been granted a beautiful baby girl, but can they save her from the pending war.

CHAPTER ONE

The phone rang endlessly on the kitchen cabinet of the sub urban house, six month old Maya giggled as her mother changed her diapers. The thunder sounded loudly as the rains hit the ground hardly.

'I'll get it' Mr. Rodriguez said 'Rodriguez's residence'

'It's the minister here, you're help is needed at the Bureau due to the max deaths at the battle ground we need you're expertise'

'I'll be there'

Hilda looked at her husband frightened

'Who was that?'

'It was the minister of defense he wants me on the Bureau'

'Right now? What about Maya'

'My love there isn't much time on my side, there is no guarantee I might be coming back home, it's the middle of a war and I could be killed on the way there. I want you to be vigilant, pack everything you and Maya here will need, lastly... I'm handing you this gun to protect yourself if anything happens, with any luck if I make it out alive I'll join you in New York.'

'But'

'Promise me you'll keep Maya safe'

'I promise. I love you'

I love you too'

Hilda felt a sudden sadness as she watched her husband leave with tons of ammunition. She gathered the things they needed and got into the minivan. She thought of her whole family reunited once more in New York even her in laws that had nearly ripped her marriage apart because of barrenness. She passed through the check points and entered the plane and they set off, just when she thought her problems had been alleviated, at touch down before people could unbuckle their belts the sound of gunshots had filled the plane. Hilda hid her daughter under the seats as she got the gun out; she had shot over twelve assassins dead but was ambushed by the last assassin. It turned out he was here to attack the governor's son who had been sent out because of the war. He left the plane through the terminal gates, spotted but not arrested. A lady heard Maya crying and picked her up, soothing the scared child but she sighted hilda in a pool of blood as she held the hand of the baby.

'Please take care of her'

'I will'

She sorted through the bag and took out all Maya would be needing, luckily Christie found a bag full of Maya's supplements that's how she knew her name.

'Aww... your name is Maya, it's cute'

Hilda left a pleasant smile on her face as she finally let go of her daughter's hand. Luckily, Christie had an orphanage, in fact the best in the country. Sunflower orphanage, New York. Christie had rescued a boy just the way she rescued Maya, but she loved the boy more than anything else in the world because he was the only one left to continue her generation, her sister's only child. His name is Arian, as at now he is a year older than Maya, a tan skinned boy with chest nut brown hair.