Mother's Day 2024

Oftentimes, we are busy appreciating our superiors and mentors for our professional success. Most of us even give credit for our professional achievements solely to our hard work, resilience, and persistence, ignoring the crucial role played by our Mothers in the advancement of our careers. Let's not be tone-deaf to the constant contributions of these angelic figures, a.k.a., Mothers.

If I take a sneak peek into my career journey, I can't help but be grateful to my mother for the following:

- She instilled in me the values and realisation that, irrespective of the social status of family, I should be financially independent and have a separate identity of my own.

- My mother proved to be my rock throughout the phase of my Chartered Accountancy journey, which I started when I was a mere teenager.

- This angelic woman let me focus fully without burdening me with any  chores or other distractions when I joined the corporate world.

- The confidence and satisfaction with which she mentioned the names of the top well-reputed companies  where I worked when someone asked about my employment.

- Finally, when I started my own business, her excitement seemed to know no bounds. Nowadays, she takes great pride in letting relatives and acquaintances know when asked that I happen to run my consultancy firm.

If these are not direct blessings from the Almighty, then I don't know what is.

Wishing all mothers,  mothers-in-law, grandmothers, would-be mothers, trying-to-be mothers, and mothers of 'fur' babies A VERY HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

P.S. My mother isn't on Wattpad and can't see this post. I have expressed my feelings to her in a letter and cut this delicious cake together at midnight. She is not unaware of my day-to-day feelings for her but as it is a special day, I am treating the most special lady in my life, Specially.