Negotiations at Hand, Calm Before The Storm

"YOU DID WHAT?!?!"

A loud bonk is heard in the Grand Narukami Shrine as we see Yae Miko struggling to contain her laughter and Xiao's poker face almost faltering. We see Ai with her fist on top of Kunimitsu's head as a comically large bump formed there when she punched him.

Ai: "YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU GOT DRUNK AND HAD SEX WITH THE DIVINE PRIESTESS?! ARE YOU A COMPLETE IDIOT?!"

Tingyun watched from the sidelines as her Archon was being scolded by his own sister. An angry Ai is a scary Ai.

Kunimitsu: "Look, I thought I drank water...Khoi must've spiked it."

Ai: "Did you seriously forget your alcohol tolerance is nowhere near as high as mine? A few shots and you're down, Kunimitsu! On top of that, you then made out with Kokomi!"

Kunimitsu: "Matte matte matte, I had semi-control of myself."

Ai: "Bullcrap, brother."

Tingyun turns away and looks at the readers.

Tingyun: "You think they invented protection? I doubt it."

Ai: "And what will you do if Kokomi gets pregnant? Are you just gonna-"

Kunimitsu puts his foot down and a brief clap of thunder is heard above the mountain.

Kunimitsu: "Ai, do not question my loyalty. If you think I'm going like our scaredy old man, you are so wrong. If Kokomi is pregnant, I'm going to treat the kid like the freakin' world. I'm not going to abandon my kid, alright. Even though Inazuma is relatively safe as of the moment, you and I know we have to make sure the other nations are fine. Our next stop to Sumeru and from what Miko told me, Lesser Lord Kusanali is a juvenile archon, which means she needs some more guidance if she wants to be a successful Archon for her nation. And what better person to teach her of the former Dendro Archon's ways? I will do everything in my power to ensure my family's survival. No matter the cost."

Ai: "I...I'm sorry, brother...I didn't mean to offend you..."

Kunimitsu: "No, I know what you mean. You and I both know that our biological father never returned to us when we were born. So of course, we both harbor some resentment toward him. If Kokomi is pregnant, I will make sure to treat her and my kid with care. Despite us going on adventures, I will be sure to write them letters and if something comes up, you best believe I will hurry to their side."

Ai: "You really care about her, don't you?"

Kunimitsu: "I mean, she is my fiance."

Ai: "But you know, Kuni, a God is a...powerful and influential figure...you never know...when one might get an heir~"

Kunimitsu: "I don't like where you're getting at. What this gotta do with-"

Ai: "I'm not done. You know, just because Kokomi is your future wife, it doesn't mean you can't have-"

Kunimitsu: "If you think I'm going to have concubines and have a succession war, you're dead wrong. I'm not a player. And I don't think you're one to talk since I've seen you hang out awfully a lot with Kazuha."

Xiao: 'Yeah right, buddy. The Traveler and your own familiar are looking at you.'

Her eyes widen as a blush forms on her cheeks and she looks away, embarrassed.

Ai: "I...I..."

Kunimitsu: "Meh whatever. I trust him, he's a kind-hearted and noble guy. So I don't see an issue. Well, I'm going back to Watatsumi Island to handle the negotiations soon. Miko, inform my mother and Kujou Sara about this and make sure they have everything ready to reestablish the relationships between the islands."