Chapter five: the fight

WARNING ⚠️ : cutting swearing and self-destructive behavior you are warned

Aaryns POV:

I woke up with a massive headache. What happened last night? Oh... I drank myself to sleep, didn't I? I sigh and get out of bed. This is going to be an absolutely awful day. On top of that, I also have to deal with Caroline.

Well, there is nothing I can do about that now. Is there? I walk over to my closet and take out the usual set of clothes and put them on. I walk downstairs and go to the kitchen and grab some cereal since I don't have the energy to make breakfast.

I walk to the dining table with my bowl of cereal and sit down to eat. I finish eating and decide to go to work early because it's better than being alone with my own bitter thoughts.

I get up and get the things that I usually bring to work and head to the bus stop. The bus. Arrives and I get on I sigh as I sit in the back of the bus feeling completely empty and drained. Who would even care if I just despaired?

Fast forward the bus stops and I get off and walk five minutes to work. I walk in and see that Mrs. Tibby isn't at her desk. must be temporarily doing something else. I continue the walk to my office and soon enough I'm there.

The small speaker in the top right corner of the room and suddenly makes a noise and then my boss's voice rang through. "Mrs. Senvyl please come to Mr. Larry's office". fuck it's probably something to do with Caroline again.

Well, I don't have a choice. I walk to Mr. Larry's office and enter and sure enough Caroline is sitting right there. Juuuust great. "Please have a set Mrs. Senvyl," my boss says. "Thanks, sir."

"Soooo" Huston starts "I've decided that you two will be working together on paperwork since I know that cases that require a detective on-site don't come around too often and you two have to get along with each other" At this point in life I just don't care enough to complain.

"WHAT you can't be serious I've already spent enough time with this asshole and now I'll have to spend my entire workday with her" Caroline complains. Heehg just another phrase I'll be hearing circling my mind later.

"Yes I can and that's my final decision. Now I suggest you go, you both have paperwork to do." "Hmpf fine," Caroline says and walks out of the office. "See you later sir," I say as I follow Caroline. "See you Mrs. Senvyl"

I catch up to Caroline and ask. "Your office or mine" "Well yours obviously I don't want MY office to stink of you" answers. I let out a low growl. I swear there's gonna be a funeral by the end of the day and it's not going to be mine. "Fine," I say and start walking at a fast pace towards my office.

We get to my office, sit down, and start working on the paperwork. "Hey do you have any pencils or are you just a stupid dumbass who doesn't have any in her office," Caroline asks "alright do you have ANY more insults you have to get out of your system so I can work in silence"

"Yeah, I actually do. you're a selfish piece of shit. a sad excuse of a human being. A grumpy woman who is incapable of a single smile. And no one likes you."

"Ha, you are one to be talking" "What the fuck do you mean?" "You think Your tough shit don't you. when in reality you're just a sad no-lifer who acts like her life is perfect and that she has people around her that are close enough friends with her to actually care. When in reality she only has a couple of distant friends"

"YOUR ONE TO BE TALKING YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE FRIENDS" "WELL AT LEAST I DON'T ACT LIKE I DO AND HIDE BEHIND A MASK" Her eyes widened at the last word. "fuck you" she whispers. She then turns around and storms out of my office slamming the door behind her.

I feel my eyes start to burn and the words of the fight start circling around in my mind the image of a wide-eyed Caroline engraved into my mind. I can't I speed walk my way to the bathroom, walk in and stand in front of one of the mirrors above the many sinks, and start crying.

I pull out a razor blade from my pocket and remove the bandages and start cutting myself. I suddenly hear a well-known voice behind me "Aaryn?" could sweat ran down my back. Shit someone was in here.

Word count: 795

Cutting this chapter short because cliff hanger :) hope you enjoyed and return to the next chapter.

Have a fantastic day night whatever time it is for you :D

Plz tell me if I made an error