IT WILL COME BACK

it can't be unlearned,
i've known the warmth of your doorways
through the cold, i'll find my way back to you...
oh, please, give me mercy no more,
that's a kindness you can't afford,
i warn you, baby, each night, as sure as you're born
you'll hear me howling outside your door

IT WILL COME BACK / HOZIER

It will come back.

𝔎.

KLAUS MIKAELSON is missing.

The big and mighty Original hybrid is no where to be found and the Mikaelson family know that it's only a matter of time before their enemies figure that out.

As the murmurings of a hybrid uprising on the West Coast begin to flood the shadows, the kingdom he's spent a thousand years building threatens to splinter and bleed in his absence. When New Orleans falls to a new ruler and the Originals scatter across the United States, Elijah Mikaelson knows he's working on borrowed time.

He doesn't know whether his brother is dead or alive, but either way, Elijah knows he has to find him and find him fast.

Faster than whatever experimental evil that has begun to fester in Klaus' shadow.

𝔰.

ELLA DAVIS, meanwhile, is not missing.

She's exactly where she's supposed to be, and has been for the last two years.

Pierspoint is a dead end town and that's exactly what dragged her here. It's a place of nothing new, nothing special, hidden between the folds of forest green and the kind of long, twist Washington States roads that make you feel forgotten. Her life here is earnest, her social life condensed to a book club and the even shift at the local vet clinic.

It's a safe place with a safe house; with safe windows, with safe floors and a safe direct line to the town sheriff, Art. Everything is overshadowed by the forest around it and everything goes unnoticed other than the delicate changing of seasons and the occasional lost dog.

Nothing bad happens here, in fact, nothing ever happens in Pierspoint at all. 

It's a town bound by it's normality, made remarkable by the lack of anything spectacular at all.

Well–– That is until, one night, Ella accidentally hits a wolf with her car and then watches said wolf turn into a dying man, and her whole world is turned upside down.

AKA...

In which a paper woman finds a stranger on the verge of death and endeavours to nurse him back to life.