Intros & Chapter 1

I'm Rachel I'm 21 years old and as far as I'm concerned, I have the most boring life I have ever known, because I'm single of course. Anyways continuing...I live in Miami, Florida. I have just finished my doctorate and I love to travel so I said why not continue it in Spain, but let's rewind a bit here. 

               And I'm Diego 20 years old and pretty much the same thing she said at the beginning I'm also a doctor but I have always been here, Barcelona is pretty much my life. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RACHEL

              Before I decided to go to Spain where I spent part of my life for certain reasons, I was in Florida and then Seattle to do my neurosurgeon career because I have a thing for ferries. Here's why I decided to leave. I was only there for a week which was the weirdest week ever. I decided to do a trial run which is where you try out the career, living quarters, and hospital and see if you like it. Soon after, like 2 hours after I moved to Seattle my first shift started, my residents name was Miranda Bailey, they called her The Nazi, I didn't know why, none of the interns knew, and then we met her...she was the strictest person ever and she didn't joke around. The career there was really hard and there was lot, and I mean a LOT of drama, which I didn't like. I just didn't like it, they treated you like you didn't spend 4 years in med school after finishing grad school. 

              Anyways I am now on my way to Barcelona, Spain. A lot has happened this past week. It went by very slowly, like it was doing it on purpose to torture me and make me feel regret on the subject of leaving that hospital, but the only thing I felt right now was courage and determination to get those answers: where I belonged.

               I had just landed in Barcelona, and I was in the airport everything felt right until my whole fate took a twist. Man candy to my eyes, I said in my brain as I stumbled upon him, his name was Diego, he was from Cataluña, he knew how to speak Catalan. Hot I repeated to myself as I excused myself in shame and embarrassment in Spanish. I learned some Spanish with the good ol' help of Duolingo when I came to Spain. Diego said not to worry and asked me if I had wanted to have lunch together sometime soon and he asked for my number. I told him I would think about but in my head it was already decided: yes. Now the real question was : would I have to guts to really tell him how I felt before I lost him forever.