Saving Rory

Michael stared at the door, he didn't know whether to open it or not. It led to Circus Baby Entertainment and Rentals.

He hadn't been down there since his sister, Elizabeth, went missing and their Mom had just went up and left.

Now it was just him and his Dad, William, who hadn't been around a lot of the time. He was always busy doing god knows what.

Michael stopped stalling and just opened the door, though it would reveal to him horrible memories he wanted to see what he could do about the place.

It revealed a little walkway that led to an elevator, but he remembered the place had no electricity. His Dad had turned the power off after a gas leakage and the only way to turn it back on was somewhere in the breaker room.

He was going to have to find another way in. And luckily, he knew just another entryway.

It was a stairway in another building not far from the house. There it would led him downstairs into a long hall.

Thankfully, Michael remembered the passcode to get inside. Every employee and technician who worked in this underground facility used one of the other ways to get in.

Michael entered and walked past an office and the scooping room, ignoring all the dust that was covering the floors. He thought about cleaning it up but he didn't bother about it now.

He was only in here to look, to see...

He continued walking, if he had remembered where the power source was he would've turned it on. But he didn't.

Michael shrugged then continued walking, he ended up in a room that had a monitor of his younger brother's bedroom. Along with two other ones, one of the bed and another one of a hallway with multiple doors.

He gasped when he realized what he was looking at. He had forgotten all about these but apparently his Dad had still kept them going and he had just left them all together.

He looked at the clipboard lying next to the camera monitors. It looked like a kid named Rory was one of the last experiments as of about ten years ago.

When Michael looked at the monitors, was someone lying on the covers of the filthy bed, when Michael saw this, he frowned. Whatever this guy was about to experience, couldn't be good.

He decided to stop standing around and try to find a way in. He looked around and started touching everything he could see then walked through the doorway.

In this room there was a engine running, he looked closely at it. He looked up at where the black suction was going, it was going inside the wall.

For whatever reason, Michael did not remember what this was. Was it an oxygen supply to keep Rory alive?

He didn't remember his Dad using this sort of engine when he was in there being tested. But he knew exactly how to stop it, he simply found the power cord and pulled the plug out of the wall.

The engine started slowing down and whatever was in it had stopped being put out.

Michael looked at the wall, there had to be a way in. And that's when he realized there was a very obvious one.

He would have to crawl in where the gas was being pumped through. He would risk being affected by the gas but it didn't matter, there was someone in there who needed escaping.

Michael pulled the engine as far away from the room as he could then aimed his flashlight up to where he could see a hole. He jumped up and started feeling a little tight in the space.

He closed his eyes and pushed through as hard as he could. He hoped he wasn't doing this all for nothing. He wanted to save Rory.

Everything started to feel fuzzy but he felt something underneath him and banged his elbow hard on it.