Bad Parents

Michael's hand gripped the telephone, he was hesitant to call the police. He felt like he should've done it sooner, right as he found Rory.

But now that he had taken care of him, he could inform the police that he was no longer missing. They didn't have to know that it had been a day or two since he was found. It was good that he was telling them at all.

Michael dialed the numbers in and held the phone up to his ear. He waited a few moments as it rang.

Dispatcher: Hello

Michael: Hi, I'm calling to report that I found a missing person

Dispatcher: Name?

Michael: Rory... I don't know his last name. I don't think he remembers either. His memory is foggy.

Dispatcher: Okay. Can you give me a location of where you found him?

Michael: Hurricane, Utah

Dispatcher: Thank you, I'll make an announcement.

Michael hung up the phone and sighed, he grabbed a bowl from the cabinet then a box of cereal. He poured the cereal in then the milk and put everything up. He took a spoon out the cabinet and set his breakfast down.

He quickly grabbed the bag of bagels from the grocery bag along with the cream cheese. He set both of these things on the table then sat down and ate his cereal.

While he was, he heard footsteps approaching then looked up to see Rory. He pointed in front of him then told him that he bought the breakfast he wanted.

Rory sat down then the whole day played out like normal.

Up until that night where Rory found the door that led to Sister Location. He tried to fall asleep but couldn't stop thinking about that door. Even after he did he woke up in a cold sweat, having some sort of dream but not remembering what it was. Soon enough though, he just passed out.

Michael was up early that morning again but while he was sitting in his chair reading, he heard a knock at the door. He stood up and walked to the door, could it be his Dad?

If it was, he prepared himself to protect Rory. Once he opened the door, he calmed down seeing it was just a middle aged woman and man who both looked just a little older than him.

Woman: Hi, is Rory here?

Michael: I'm sorry who are you?

Man: I'm James, this is my wife Deborah, we're his parents

Deborah: I heard he was here and I wanted to visit him

Michael: Oh, he's, uh, still asleep

James: Can we come inside?

Michael: Of course, of course

Michael moved out the way and they both walked in and sat down at the dining table.

They looked around the house. Deborah flicked a crumb off the table and made a gross look as it landed on the floor.

Michael: Can I do anything for you two?

James: What are you? Our waiter?

It went silent before he laughed but Michael just blinked at him then walked to the kitchen.

Deborah rolled her eyes and looked down at the floor. She scoffed as she pulled out a paper towel and rubbed it on the floor.

Michael: Is something wrong?

Deborah: How could you have Rory sleeping in such a nasty house like this? I'd be scared there were rats scurrying around.

Michael gave her a questionable look then turned towards the doorway.