Shopping Spree

When Rory woke up, he couldn't believe that for the first time he had dreamt of... nothing.

Nothing but darkness. But it wasn't like the one he had felt during the days and nights he spent in the experiments.

It was a nice darkness. After ten years he had finally had a restful sleep.

After Michael had waken up, he had left Rory alone to sleep in peace. He deserved it after all he went through, he thought.

Rory sat up slowly in the bed and realized that the room was way brighter than before. The light was coming through Michael's curtains on the far left side of the room. They were white and closed.

It was real daylight, Rory realized as he got up and opened the curtains to look out the window. He smiled then walked out of the bedroom and down the hall.

He entered into the dining room where Michael was already sitting down at the table. He was eating cereal, a small but simple breakfast. He looked up at Rory and pointed in front of him.

Michael: I went to the store and bought you what you said you like

Rory: Thank you

Rory sat down and grabbed the plastic bag of bagels. He opened them then set down a pair, he spread cream cheese on it then closed everything back up.

Michael: The fruits are still in the fridge, I didn't know which one you wanted. You can also put the bagels in the cabinet and the cream cheese in the fridge.

Rory nodded then grabbed the bagels, he put them in the cabinet nearby. He stored the cream cheese and grabbed a pear from the fridge.

He sat back down and ate his breakfast. It was better then what was back at the fake house, or whatever those experiments were called.

He shook his head slightly. he had to stop thinking about that. He focused on eating the bagel, it was even better when you actually had cream cheese. The fruit was good as well too, it wasn't rotting and it was well-refrigerated. He liked it here.

Michael: Today's Saturday, I don't have to go to work. So I was thinking we can definitely go to the mall and get you some new clothes.

Rory agreed, the clothes Michael had given were a bit too big for him. It had possibly been because of his unnaturally
skinny body. But it was better to get something that completely fit.

When he had finished his bagel, he got up to leave the house. It was either out of force of habit or he was really ready to go.

That's when he realized, he couldn't figure out where the front door was. He walked through the dining room, the kitchen, and the hallway to check all the rooms but he couldn't find anything.

Eventually Michael stopped eating to get up and look for him.

Michael: What are you doing?

Rory: Where... where is the front door?

Michael: It's right over... Rory, slow down...

Michael grabbed Rory by the shoulder then appointed him in the right direction. He led him to a door that was at the other side of the living room.

Rory had been pacing in endless circles around the same parts of the house. He hadn't noticed there was a door he had passed up.

Michael: It's right here, silly

Rory: Thanks

Rory sighed then turned the doorknob but gasped when it wouldn't open. He let go and looked at Michael with a worried expression.