31: BATTLE PLAN

3 Months Later

The Kingdom of Iron formerly known Atlas

It wasn't name for Ironwood or his family name but the

IRON will of Jaune Ironwood Rico

Fort Jaune

Clover: it has been peaceful since the War of Succession

Ironwood: a hollow victory if you asked me.

Clover: James have you been drinking again?

Ironwood: so what if I had, am I not allowed to mourn.

Clover: this isn't mourning....it's....

Ironwood:...... I miss him okay!

Clover: we all do...he was my underclassman, he was Vine's and Harriet's classmate.

Yes it took her a month to accept it, but she saw all the good he had done and she stepped up.

Vines helping those who underwent trauma James.

We all have our own way of grieving but this isn't healthy.

Ironwood:......

Clover: Ozpin has been contacting you, Goodwitch too even that cynic Qrow is calling.

Don't push those who care about you away.

He then leaves with James' bottle

Then he got another visitor it was

Robyn: James....you need to rest.

Ironwood: I'll....

Robyn: don't even start with me.

She walks to his desk and puts her hands on his

Robyn: whatever happened to Jaune was not your fault.

James: if I didn't wage war...

Robyn: you and me would have been arrested or worse executed. You did the right thing. How the Grimm responded was strange even with the conflict, that many Grimm including that whale was not normal.

Then something struck in him

James: someone planned the attack....

Robyn: James?

James: the Grimm attack was meant to kill the Mobile Infantry!

Robyn: someone planned all that?

James: not all of it they took advantage of my public disownment and used it to instigate the Grimm attack.

It was meant to cripple Mantle and Atlas!

But because Jaune was there he payed the price!

Robyn: alright let's do this....together.

As she held his hand

James: yes Robyn... You always know how to take care of me.... And Jaune...

Robyn: yeah and... He's in a better place now.

James: I need to contact Ozpin.

Robyn: and I'll handle Iron's Defenses good luck out there James. Come back to me when this is all over.

James: I promise.

Later

Beacon Academy

Ozpin: Salem planned the Grimm attack?

Ironwood: yes it's too timely for them to attack when Atlas is under a Coup.

Qrow: I see your doing well Jimmy.

Ironwood: not the best but good enough. ozpin we need to plan a counter attack.

Ozpin: that would be difficult James. Vale is still recovering from the White Fang Blitz as you know that Iron is still recovering from a coup. And with Haven Academy still deciding on who to replace Lionhart.

We are all still busy rebuilding.

Ironwood: I believe we are at a stalemate.

Ozpin: how do you say that James?

Ironwood: I have made an alliance with the Federation, Commander Whitley has shared with me all the combat reports they had.

Jaune.....was able to thwart Salem's plans on multiple occasions.

One - the attack on the Fall Maiden.

Two - the White Fangs repeated attacks on Dust Shipments

Three - Eliminating Roman Torchwick

Four - Destroying a Massive Grimm Horde at Mt. Glenn

Five - Making an Agreement with Menagerie and the more reasonable White Fang Leader

Qrow: the kid did a lot in the span of a few months.

Glynda: no if I'm reading this right... They've been doing this for years.

Qrow: damn.

Ozpin: I see since we still have the Fall and Winter Maidens, Salem will be hunting for the Spring and Summer Maiden.

Then a Portal opens on Ozpin's Office as a wounded Raven and Vernal came through

Glynda called a medic as Qrow checks them both

Ozpin: Ms. Branwen what happened to you!?

Raven: she attacked my tribe... And almost got me.... I'm..... The Spring Maiden....

As she passes out

Ozpin: it seems she's on the move again

Ironwood: indeed, I'll contact Commander Whitley.

Qrow: hold on Commander? I thought the kid was an Admiral.

Ironwood: ever since Jaune... died he took over the mantle of the Mobile Infantry.

And he requested Winter to become the Acting Admiral of the Jaune A. Warden.

Ozpin: the boy is trying too hard. Have you talked to him?

Ironwood: he won't listen Oz.... He is trying to fill the void Jaune left behind.

Meanwhile

Whitley was reading a letter left behind for him, Elm, Neo, Marrow, Amber, Penny, Pietro, Emerald and Winter

-letter-

Jaune: I know that if your reading this, it means I finally finished my mission.

I always read stories of great heroes who made a great sacrifice to save the day. And they did, the good guys win, the survivors all cheered and everyone gets to have a happy ending.

But the Hero never gets to see that ending, they'll never know if their sacrifice made the a difference, they'll never know if the day was truly saved.

All they can do is have faith. And I believe all of you can carry these ideals I leave behind for you. Believe always believe.

" Don't accept the world for what it appears to be... Dare to see it for what it could be."

They all cried at Jaune's final thoughts as they all steeled their resolve to carry the torch Jaune has passed onto them

Jaune's Will still burns even after he was gone

Chapter End