Chapter 13: Kotal's Assault

Cassie was firing at Scream as Scream uses her hair to chock Cassie.

Cassie: Mom... Please...

Scream only growls as she looks at Cassie.

Scream: Your mom is dead. We are Scream.

Scream is then shot from behind by Kung Jin as Scream tosses Cassie aside and goes to attack him. Jacqui fires a missle which Scream uses her hair to deflect knocking Takeda into a pile of rubble. 

Scream: We're finally in control.

Scream smacks Jacqui into a vehicle as the alarm goes off and Scream screeches.

Cassie: Mom, please! This isn't control!

Scream: I'm in COMPLETE control!

Sonya then speaks through Scream.

Sonya: Cassie... What's happening... to me...

Scream retakes control and smacks Cassie away and leaps in the air as Kung Jin shoots an arrow through Scream as Scream punches Kung Jin and drags him through the geround and tosses him into Jacqui as Takeda tries to attack Scream but Cassie shoots at her and Scream uses her hair to hit Cassie away and she sees two lead pipes. Before Scream could kill Takeda, Cassie hits the two pipes as Scream screeches in pain. Cassie circled Scream with the bars and the clanging sound pains Scream as each one is slammed into the ground. 

Cassie: Mom, please, fight!

Sonya begins to tear off the symbiote as she screams in pain. Sonya is eventually freed and the juvenile symbiote disappears as Sonya passes out.

Cassie: Mom!

Cassie checks on her.

Jacqui: Is she...?

Cassie: She's alive.

Takeda: Come on, we need to get to the Sky Temple.

Soon after, Team S-F is at the cockpit of their plane, currently in the air and heading towards the Sky Temple. Jacqui and Takeda are in the pilot's seats, with Cassie and Jin at the computer screens just behind them. 

Cassie: We land in fifteen minutes. We'll enter the Sky Temple from the terrestrial entrance. 

Takeda: Why not go straight there? 

Kung Jin: It exists in a different quantum state, slightly out of phase from our reality. It can't be reached by conventional means. 

Takeda breaths out a heavy sigh, which Jacqui notices. 

Jacqui: What? 

Takeda: It's just us. No one's coming to help. We either pull this off or- 

Cassie: We WILL get it done. 

Warning buzzers sound off through the plane. Before it looms the clouds that have been corrupted by the Jinsei. Cassie and Jin get out of their seats for a closer look. 

Kung Jin: By the... what is that?! 

Takeda: Dunno. But it's headed right for us. 

Kung Jin: Elder Gods have mercy. 

As the cloud looms closer, mutliple tentacles begin to bring down the aircraft. 

Jacqui: Buckle up, people! It's coming down. 

Cassie and Jin race back to their seats. In the forest near the temple, the plane crashes as Team S-F exited the plane. The corrupted light from the clouds above them has given the forest a distinctly red hue with black subtance covering the trees.