Chapter 1

The leaves crunched from underneath my feet as I walked through my faction. The hot metal of my gun burning against my side due to its recent use. Everything is silent besides the crunch of leaves and broken glass as I make my way to the Raid Building.

It is the center of our faction, it keeps us alive, it keeps us having hope. It is just a large building made out of metal, it has no windows, and one door that is guarded by two middle aged men with attack dogs. It holds our faction's weapons, and ammunition.

I nod at the two guards that block the doorway and they let me enter the Raid Building in order to put my gun away. I slip my AA- 12 back into its slot in my gun locker and I pull out my worn out leather jacket. I hear the faint voices of the guards talking from the other side of the room and heavy footsteps approaching me.

"Jacqueline." a deep voice says from behind me. I turn to face my father, putting on my jacket.

"Hello, sir." I reply.

My father is the head of our faction, not because he is the oldest but because he is a great leader overall. He has the best weaponry skills and physical strength within our faction.

"How was the range?" He asks. I shrug, the range is always great. Except for the fact that I have been shooting my AA- 12 for the past three months and I'm ready for an upgrade. We walk out of Raid Building together.

"I think I'm ready for the M1014." I answer. He stops abruptly.

"Jacqueline, your sister is still shooting her AA- 12. Blaze can wait, so can you." He explains sternly. His tone is warning. Blaze, my older sister, has never been one to be a shooter or a raider. She hates weapons and refuses to fight but our father says that she must learn to shoot for safety reasons. He does not want me passing Blaze in my shooting skills because it would make her look bad.

"Yes, sir." I state in a disappointed tone.

"I have to meet with the guards. Go get ready for class." He sternly states and I do as he says. I walk to my home, well what is considered a home in this faction. A medium sized metal building with one room and a maximum of one window. Our faction is not known for our glorious luxury life but rather known for our weaponry and mastery to the art or war. I enter our house slowly, knowing that Blaze most likely wouldn't have been awake. I let my brown hair down from it's previous bun, it's curly and extremely unruly and not good for when I'm shooting. I grab my throwing knives off the makeshift counter, pressed against the wall. I insert my pistol in the gun hoister on my belt.

Knives and small guns are the only weapons that are allowed in the houses. Larger guns and other weapons were allowed outside of the Raid Building for practice, and for show of mastery (bragging rights.) If I'm going home I always put my gun inside my gun locker and return to get it afterwards. Though it is more work, it is safer for me to know that nobody can steal my gun because not even my father knows my combination. I make my way back to the Raid Building, where I see my best friend, Jakob, who was struggling to hold his gun. I laugh and run towards him, my combat boots hitting the group hard with each step.

"Jakob, you're holding it wrong." I laugh. I grab the strap and throw it over his head so his gun is placed behind his back.

"Can you please just teach me how to shoot? I mean you gave me the gun to keep in my locker and to hold but that's for show. You know I can't shoot to save my life." He pleads. It's true, he can't shoot, nobody ever taught him. His dad died in a raid when he was six, shot right in the head. He lives with his mom and younger sister, who was three at the time of the incident. He might not be the best in weaponry but his fighting skills are amazing. He could kill a man with one punch.

"Only if you teach me how to fight, dude." I smile at him.

"Oh come on Jaxx, you can't be good at everything even if you are the daughter of Luke Coleman." He smiles back, putting a cigarette between his teeth and lighting it. I roll my eyes at him and we walk together.

Every faction is usually surrounded by a wooded area. It helps keep the factions hide within the trees. The nearest faction to us is the CM which stands for Cryptic Myth. They are almost as skilled in weaponry as we are but their main skill is being stealthy. You would never see a SA member, like me (stands for Silent Assassin) with a CM member. We are sworn enemies ever since the war broke out between the SA and the faction on the other side of the mountain, EC (Eclipse Curse). The Cryptic Myth helped us in the war until the Eclipse Curse members died but they turned and killed seventeen of our men. So bottom line, if you are seen with a Cryptic Myth member you are basically dead.

I look towards the woods leading to Cryptic Myth. I wonder what it looks like. Is it different over there? What would happen if our two factions actually worked together? Would I be killed if I went over there?
-------------/Authors Note\---------------
Hello Box Readers. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Hostility. The main characters pictures are attached to the side and/or top depending on what device you're using. The story mostly will focus on the point of view of Jaxx but it will switch every once in a while.

Please leave comments, concerns, ideas, critiques. I would love to hear from you guys.

Have a nice day Box Readers. Love ya
~Senia