12

For some reason, Minghao's knees will not stop trembling, even though he is sitting down on his couch just at home. He also cannot stop wiping his hands up and down his thighs, the jean material rough on his palm. As the time ticks away from the large clock perched in the living room directly in front of Minghao, the more anxious the boy is and the more his leg bounces in anticipation.

A knock echoes through his house and Minghao bolts straight up, almost pulling a muscle from the sudden movement. That's him...

Minghao tugs on the sleeves of his denim jacket, checking his appearance one last time in the hallway mirror. His caramel-colored hair is swept back with the slightest use of hair gel, revealing his forehead, which is usually hidden behind his bangs. Soonyoung visited earlier, bringing over his small collection of makeup.

"Hosh, my eyes are watering," Minghao complains, trying hard not to blink as the elder lightly drags the brown pencil across his lashline.

"Beauty is pain, my friend."

Minghao thinks Soonyoung did a good job making him look presentable, appearance wise at least. The makeup looks as if there is nothing there, natural, with just some brown eyeshadow, eyeliner, and lip gloss. The outfit Soonyoung brought over was...a bit flamboyant, a silky light blue button-up with black ripped jeans, along with a variety of sparkling jewelry. Minghao looked like a completely different person (well to be honest, he looked like Soonyoung) with the whole get up on. It was too much for a simple date to the park, so Minghao thanked his close friend before choosing something from his own closet that fits his style better. He finally decided on a softer look with a pair of light jeans, a dusty pink turtleneck, and a matching denim jacket.

The boy does not know what has gotten into him to encourage him to put effort in his appearance and clothing, it is just another hang out. Possibly, it can be because this is the first time they have hung out together without having it relate to school or dinner. Just a simple walk in the park, literally.

Minghao's hand lands on the handle of his front door, the metal cold to his touch. With one last shaky exhale, he twists and opens the door to reveal his date. Mingyu, standing on the other side of the door, stares like a deer caught in the headlights, as if surprised someone opened the door.

A shy smile spreads along Mingyu's mouth and Minghao cannot help but blush on the cheeks. Mingyu looks even more handsome than usual, dressed up in a pair of ripped jeans held up by a red belt and a black t-shirt tucked in the front. Atop his black hair is a yellow cap.

"Hi," Mingyu breathes out, his expression diverts and his eyes sparkle with a hidden glint.

"Hey," Minghao responds in the same way.

Mingyu moves aside for Minghao to step out and lock the door before heading to the local park. The walk is fairly short and quiet, consisting of multiple apparent side glances from both parties.

Once the two arrive, they find the park to be quite busy with children playing, runners jogging around the trail, fishermen in their lawn chairs by the large lake.

Minghao leads the way into the park through the two white pillars draped with vines. He turns around after a while at the lack of footsteps behind him to find Mingyu hunched over a few meters back, facing the opposite way. Minghao approaches cautiously, eyebrows knitted in confusion. Peaking over the latter's shoulders, Minghao finds a ball of black fur brushing against Mingyu's leg and he soon realizes it is a cat.

Minghao watches from a foot away as Mingyu runs his large hands over the back of the cat, then sweeping up to pet its chin. His touch is so delicate, matching his expression. He coos, a string of soft praises leaving his lips while he plays around with the cat. It purrs as if basking in Mingyu's love and Minghao flushes, am I really jealous of a cat right now? Snap out of it...