Prologue

(A/N: I only own the artwork and the OCs.)

"Father. All I ask is to have more time on this arrange marriage." Said young woman facing her father on the throne. The man sighed standing up approaching her holding her hands. "But you'll have more time after you wed Abasi and follow this tradition like your mother and I did. Please Zaira for me and your sister." Said the man. "I refuse to marry someone i don't know much about." Zaira says as the skinny guard opened the front door. "My apologies your majesties. A letter arrived for the sultan." Said the guard giving it the man. "Yes thank you. Now let me see." Said the sultan opening the scroll. Zaira decided to look at the mini structure of the their home and the village to wait for her father to finish what he has to do. "Dearest it's from Abasi. He wished his apologies for his arrival to Agrabah but is having his trusted guard coming in two days or sooner to take you." Said Sultan. "Fine if anyone needs me. I'll be in the garden or with my sister." Said Zaira leaving the room feeling a bit frustrated about this whole thing. She went to the garden spotting her sister playing with Rajah the tiger.

"Jazi. Be careful with him. Rajah is still in training you know." Said Zaira leaning against the wall where the doves are held in. "Zara, are we still planing to see the rest of Agrabah?" Said Jasmine sitting on the edge of the fountain with Rajah by her side. "I'm sorry Lil sis but you know how father is over this. Besides your lucky that your not going to get married to a complete stranger." Said Zaira sitting next to her. "It not fair that your leaving us." Said jasmine leaning her head on her shoulder. "I know but I still can send you letters to you and father. Maybe come and visit." Said Zaira stroking the top of the ten year olds head. "It not going to be the same. Who do I talk to other Rajah?" Said Jasmine. "I'll be there for you even if I'm not. No matter what I'll always look after my family." Said Zaira hugging Jasmine. "Why can't you marry someone you love?" Said Jasmine looking up at her. "It's the law as Father puts it. Enough about that lets go to my room and relax." Said Zaira picking up Rajah in her arms. Throughout the day Zaira and Jasmine were on her bed reading a book of ancient treasures and legends that always catches their attention on the adventures happening. Someone knoked on the door before opening it showing the head guard as the girls looked up from their books. "The Sultan had asked me to take you two to the throne room." Said the guard. "Of course." Said Jasmine putting her book down with Zaira doing the same. They followed him down the hall with no one talking until Zaira broke it.

"What have you been up to Razoul?" Said Zaira. "The usual patrolling the city with my men to find any trouble. I heard that your leaving soon to your prince." Said Razoul. "Yes everyone is talking for the past month but his guard is taking me there. " Said Zaira. "Did your father explain why?" Said Razoul. "No but it must be because he's busy doing something important." Said Zaira. Razoul pushed the the blue drapes aside for there girls to enter and saw their father talking to a tall slender man wearing red and black robes with a parrot perched on his right shoulder. "Jafar. I would like to you to meet my daughters. Zaira my oldest and Jasmine my youngest. Girls this is Jafar my new royal visor. He'll be here to help me around the palace while Zaira is gone being queen." Said the Sultan. Jafar took Zaira by the hand bowing his head and kissed her knuckles. "Pleasure to meet you my princess." Said Jafar as Jasmine hid behind Zaira. "Marvelous. Now let's go eat. Shall we?" Said the Sultan. "I see everything is in order. I'll be with my men patrolling the streets. Good night." Said Razoul walking out of the room from where they came from.

Zaira watched him go and felt Jasmine grab her hand to follow them. She sat next her with Jafar beside their father pretending to watch their food being made but was really looking around the room and notice her staring. Zaira quickly looked down at Jasmine playing with her dress still feeling eyes watching her until the Sultan began talking to him on how things are run here. She knows that something is off about this man as she ate the food on her plate. It could be in her head but can be proven wrong. After the dinner was over Zaira carried Jasmine to her room tuckin her into bed then left to get ready for bed. By the time she closed the doors behind her a small brown box was found on her dresser. Zaira went over to it while looking around her room carefully and lifted the lid. There was dagger with a black sheath with her birthstone on top of the handle. She gently picked it up making a note fall below her feet. Zaira picked it up from the ground and read. 'I know that your starting your journey on your own. Keep this with you for your safety my princess.' Zaira hummed in thought of who left it but followed the note by hiding in her bag when the guard comes. Since it was still early she grabbed her book from before and read until she fell asleep.

*A month later*

"Ami, have you seen Abasi anywhere?" said Zaira. "I dont know but go check in his studies. He's mostly there." said the brunette. "Thank you." said Zaira walking down many halls until she stopped hearing two men arguing. "Get out of my kingdom Suluk!" said the first voice. "Not until you reveal to me the location of the golden hand." said the second voice. "No. Now get out!"said the first voice. Then heard a loud crash making Zaira walk in seeing Abasi pinned to the wall. "Zaira, what are you doing here?!" said Abasi. "Looking for you and why do have my fiance against the wall?" said Zaira folding her hands behind her back. "Fiance? Well this changes a lot." said The man throwing Abasi across the room. Thr man grabbed her arm only to feel a pain on his side. He looked down seeing a stab wound and Zaira holding a bloody dagger. "Feisty. I like that in a woman." said the man charging at her. The man grabbed both her hands as Abasi got up on his feet shaking away the blurry vision. Zaira kneed the man in the gut until the guards came a d pulled him away. "Take him to the dungeon and double guards." said Abasi. Zaira watched the men drag him away as Abasi made her turn around looking upset. "What?" said Zaira. "You should've kept your distance instead of fighting for me." said Abasi. "He tried to kill you. What do you want me to do be the perfect house wife and care for the children?" said Zaira. "Yes. If you cant accept that then the wedding is off." said Abasi. "I should've chosen the first princess that i picked." he says under his breath as Zaira stormed out.

She went to the guest house grabbing things until the servants were trying to use the ropes to catch something flying above them. She walked out seeing a wild magic carpet struggling to break free from the hooks. "What are you do-" Zaira didnt get to finish as the carpet escaped from their reach and swept her off to the sky in a flash.Zaira held on the edge as the carpet flew above the clouds. "Woah. So this what freedom feels like?" Said Zaira touching the clouds below them. The carpet nodded and dived into the clouds making her laugh. "Can I say thank you for taking me away from marrying the snobby prince." She says when they land on a shady land in the middle the desert. The carpet got it's two tassels facing Zaira and did a bow as in 'your welcome' making her smile. "Can I call you Dezu so In case we run into another magic carpet." Said Zaira. The carpet did a thinking gesture and nodded. "Since we're never going back. How about we travel together? I really don't have any friends back in Agrabah only my little sister and the head guard." Said Zaira. Dezu shrugged and laid back against the palm tree. "I suppose your right on staying here. I'm going to get some food." Said Zaira as Dezu give a thumps up. "Dont leave me." She joked earning a pebble to the head.