𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

chapter four: hogwarts express

date: september 1st 1993.

ARRIVING AT KING'S CROSS STATION WAS QUIET. Since Remus Lupin was now a professor at Hogwarts, he and Stella were departing far earlier than the rest of the group, who weren't leaving until at least thirty minutes before eleven o'clock.

Stella strolled next to Remus, who was pushing both her and his own trunks on a trolley. She had dropped her hand inadvertently on the side of the trolley, which Remus was relieved about because it freed him from having to watch her and make sure she hadn't become lost in the assembling crowds. They both looked nervously up and down the platforms, watching for any indication of Sirius Black, so they were on high alert.

"Together?" Glancing down at Stella, Remus enquired. They approached the barrier between nine and 10.

"Let's do it," Stella replies, nodding.

They quickly glanced around to make sure no Muggles were watching them as they dashed towards the barrier, disappearing through it onto platform nine and three quarters. Stella looked to her left, then up at Remus, who had a slight smile on his face, and Stella grinned; she knew he was reliving past memories, both good and bad.

"You okay?" Stella asked, her brows drawn together in sympathy.

"I'll be fine," Remus reassured her. However, the melancholy expression in his eyes suggested otherwise. In an attempt to comfort her, he put his hand on her shoulder and gave her a very gentle squeeze. "Shall we board the train?"

Stella nodded, releasing the trolley as Remus passed it over to the train conductor, who greeted them with a smile. They boarded the train and proceeded along the narrow corridor. Stella had never seen the train empty; she and Jade and their friends were typically competing for an empty compartment, which was also uncommon, so this time she was ecstatic about the opportunity.

"I can't wait for this year," Stella raved. She swung around to face Remus, who was walking behind her, her eyes sparkling with delight. "I don't know if I'm more excited about the magical creatures class or finally being able to go to Hogsmeade."

Due to the fact that only Third Years and above were permitted to visit the stunning wizarding village, Hogsmeade had been the talk of the summer amongst Jade and Stella, who were both equally eager to be able to go. Last year, they had to rely mainly on Fred and George's anecdotes and descriptions of the area; they had even given the twins some money to bring back sweets from the infamous Honeydukes shop.

"We ought to discuss that," Remus scowls.

"Please tell me someone signed my permission slip." Stella begged, crossing her arms across her chest. She paused in the middle of the corridor, peering up at him with an unimpressed expression.

"Your mother and father..." Remus's voice trails off.

"Unbelievable," Stella muttered and rolled her eyes. Lowering her arms to her sides, she pivoted and proceeded to enter the adjacent compartment. "It's no different than going to Diagon Alley."