C-20

I exited my room and froze, spotting the very boy I wasn't ready to see yet. He was standing a meter away from me, his arms crossed over his chest as he just stared at me. His brown eyes seeming to pierce my soul as I just stared at him blankly, unsure of what to do.

"Come with me." he suddenly demanded.

"Excuse me?" I replied, raising my eyebrows at his sudden demand.

"We're leaving this house."

I stepped back as he stepped forward, wondering what the hell was wrong with him. Did the water from the long showers finally get to his head?

"Are you okay?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

He sighed at that and ran his fingers through his messy hair. A small smile suddenly appeared at his lips, and I frowned as I became confused. Sunghoon and I talked now, but we weren't close. Talking at home to each other was rare due to that.

Sunghoon eventually looked back at me and his eyes looked suddenly sad. "I want to hang out today. It's an apology for... Yesterday."

I frowned, unsure of why he was apologizing. It was I who had yelled at him.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked. "I snapped at
you, I should be sorry."

He suddenly blushed and I tilted my head, curious of what was going on. As he looked away from me, I saw that his ears were completely red. This seemed to be the first time I ever saw him blush.

"You're not going to make me say it, are you?" he asked, still looking away from me.

"Sunghoon, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about," I said honestly.

He sighed lightly and kept his face turned from me. "I'm sorry... For closing up on you and saying those things."

With that vague sentence, what he was talking about hit me. I had been so focused on my nervous feelings and Sunghoon's body, I forgot about what he did. Of how he put his arm around me and asked if I liked what I saw. My own cheeks turned red at the memory, and to my horror my heart started beating rapidly.

"Oh," I simply said, looking away from him as well. "It's fine. From the lack of girls in your life, what you did was sadly normal."

To my relief, he actually chuckled at that. The awkward tension disappeared and I brought my eyes back to look at him. He was still blushing, but I knew that I was as well. We were even, for once.

"Do you still want to hang out?" he asked as
his eyes softened.

I nodded. "I do."

*****

I got out of Sunghoon's car and took a deep breath in. The smell of the place was fresh, wonderful, and something I wasn't used to because my mom hadn't brought me to a beach in years. Once again, because it was a reminder of my dad.

I heard footsteps near me and I knew who it was. Naturally, I knew those footsteps anywhere. A perk of living with him.

"Do you like it?" Sunghoon asked.

I smiled as I looked at him. "I love it."

Sunghoon was already smiling, but his smile seemed to grow at those words. Putting a hand on my lower back, he gently pushed me forward. I found myself stiffening at that, but not necessarily in my old hateful ways towards him.

"We should find a spot." he said. "Before more people come to the beach."

We both began walking at that, but I rolled my eyes. There were barely anyone at the beach, and I knew there wouldn't be much more coming. The beach we were at was vour not-so typical beach. It had a bit of sand, but a lot of large rocks varying in sizes.