Looking for something?

**Courtney's POV**

I look all around the high school. Damn it. Where did it go?

My notebook. I've had it since I was enrolled in this dumb place, it has all of my thoughts and opinions written in it... if someone has it, I'd die.

"Looking for something princess?"

It's Duncan. That piece of- ugh what am I even doing, we broke up two weeks ago, I just need to get over it.

"Yes, my notebook, where is it? I know you have something to do with this," I ask with a tone of rage in my voice.

He places his hands over his head and says in a sarcastic manner, "I didn't touch it, trust me!"

I walk over to him and open his backpack and search through it. No notebook. I sigh.

"This just seems like too much of a coincidence that right after we break up, my notebook disappears," I say with slight suspicion in my voice, "And, you're literally a criminal. Seems too perfect."

Duncan rolls his eyes. "You can't just assume that I'm the reason for everything bad that happens to you," he zips his backpack back up, "And, this is a stretch. Why would I want your diary, to hear how you feel about me? I already know how you feel, after that whole rant you gave me two weeks ago!"

I walk away from Duncan. I'm not going to let him get the best of me, not again, not now. And I'm not going to stop looking for my notebook, not until I find it.