six.

⋆·˚ ༘ *༺☆༻⋆·˚ ༘ *

''julie?'' riley questioned, waving his hand in front of her face.

she looked up. ''yes?''

''are you okay?'' her brother frowned. ''you've been weirdly quiet all morning.''

''i'm fine.'' 

''liar.'' 

''ri-''

''talk to me, julie.'' riley pleaded, moving to the empty space next to her on the couch.

she sighed, turning to her brother fully. ''i have a date later.''

''with arch?''

''yeah.'' she nodded. ''i guess i'm just nervous.''

'' but you've been hanging with him for a while, haven't you?''

''yeah, but this is different. we were just friends before but now he's asked me on a date so it changes the dynamic completely.''

''it only changes if you want it to, juliet.'' riley said firmly. 

''i think he might try to kiss me.'' she said quietly.

he hesitated. ''i know you don't like physical touch but...do you want to kiss him?''

''i don't know.'' she said truthfully. ''why have i got to be so fucking weird?''

''you're not weird, julie.'' he said softly. ''lots of people don't like physical touch-''

''but why do i have to be one of them?'' she groaned. 

riley sighed, patting his sister's shoulder supportively. well, it was meant to be supportive, but he felt the way she tensed under his touch and pulled away. he really wasn't sure why his sister hated it so much, but he never judged.

he was sure there was a man out there that would break the spell.

but, whilst arch was a nice guy, riley wasn't sure he was the one to break it.

''don't do anything you don't want to, arch will understand.''

''maybe.'' she mumbled as she stood up. ''i have to go get ready.''

''just have fun.'' riley replied. ''and if you're not feeling it, text me and i'll pick you up immediately.''

she smiled lightly. ''thanks, ri.''

--

archie was picking juliet up at 7pm.

it was all planned.

they were going to dinner at a fancy restaurant he had picked, a walk after the meal and then he would drop her back home. arch made it clear that he didn't expect anything from juliet, and that he never would. she said he could kiss her, and he wanted to, but he expressed there was no pressure on her end.

but it felt like there was.

and that's why juliet was now pacing up and down her bedroom.

it was 6:30, and panic was beginning to settle. she had been stressed all day, the feeling growing as she showered, did her hair and make-up and got dressed into a cute white dress. she wore a white bow in her hair, and she really did look beautiful.

but panic was seeping out of her, and it was completely ruining the aesthetic her look was creating.

she was nineteen...how had she not kissed somebody yet? how did you even do it? did you have to use tongue the first time? he'd probably put his hand on her waist or on her face and that just filled her with complete dread.