Chapter 36: Love the Lonely, Out of Me

Song Credits: Illenium - Lonely (feat. Chandler Leighton)

Italic - Importance/Text //// Bold - Emphasis/Phone Call //// ' ' - Thoughts //// ( ) - Memory

Skyelle feels lost of hope, and her hurt heart becomes numb of pain. Feeling like she'll never be saved.

Meanwhile Kintoru and Yasu, her old enemy team up to save the woman she loves.

___________________________

I sat, covered in a blanket that smelled of her. Butterfly, our pet was nuzzling me while I pet him. Tears were still dropping from my red eyes.

It's been weeks since she's been missing, and I told Yasu that the authorities can't know that a demoness witch was looking for her missing human girlfriend.

So we were left to find her alone.

Speaking of, he was lounging on the couch, typing up on a bigger version of a phone, trying to find anything about her dad.

Apparently the only thing he found was he's been in jail for years. But nothing after that. Nobody mentioned if anyone bailed him out or not.

Butterfly squeaks, and I kiss his head. Inhaling her scent on the blanket. My legs rub against each other. I needed her back right now, or I'd go insane.

My enemy obviously knew I was getting tired of looking for anything, so he let me take a break. But one day I wake up, still bundled up.

Weeks of nothing. And then today, something came up.

"Come here! I found something." Getting up, I tower over the couches' back. Our pet ferret still in my arms, peeking over my hand.

A picture. At some point with my permission, he went through her photobook. I didn't trust just anyone to look through my mate's things.

Pointing at a little girl, "Is that her?" I recognized those brilliant blue eyes from anywhere. "Mhm-hmm." She was seen sitting in some woman's lap. Probably her mother.

And a unhappy looking male is by them. He looks almost resentful at his family. Like he wasn't wanting any kids. 

My eyes tear up. Her face is happy in the picture. Like she's hasn't smiled a day in her life nowadays, but she does with me around.

She'd smile as I walked in, patting the seat by her. Planting a kiss on her head, watching her giggle at my antics.

"That's probably her dad. Did he always look so angry?" Flipping through the book, the images confirmed it. One had her grandparents and her infront of the house.

They smiled at her as she helped in her grandparents' garden.  She seemed so happy and at home while helping them. 

"Wait, look." A note. We start to read it.

Dear Skyelle,

We're sorry that we didn't realize sooner that he was hurting you for years. You've always put on a smile around us when visiting. When we heard your mom left one day, you broke down and cried.

And then we get a phone call from the police, saying that you were found outside, bleeding. Taking you in meant a lot. Like your mom was still here.

That horrible person that was your father went away. But we knew that only someday that won't be forever. Just know we love you. And your possible future family will too...

-Love, your grandparents.

We were silent after reading it. "Kintoru?" I wipe my eyes. "Yes?" He hugs me, making me break down. Here many years later, me and my enemy were hugging each other.