Chapter 3 - HOPPING INTO THE TIMELINE

IIII Nova's 3rd Person Point of View IIII

"REWRITING HISTORY" is a game which allows the player to embody the character they have chosen at the specific time the player wants to enter the timeline of the Anime. The player is given a special ability called "Omniscience" This special ability grants the player the information of each and everything that is happening in the Anime world they have entered.

ACTIVATING OMNISCIENCE

'Where is Uchiha Obito?'  Nova asked his ability through thinking; Nova silently as he stared calmly at Uchiha Itachi, whose hands, tanto, face and Anbu clothes had been bloodied. Sasuke's mother and father laid motionless, as Itachi's blood red Sharingan eye spun morphing into tri-forked Mangekyo of Itachi.

Omniscience – 'Uchiha Obito is in the third ward of the Uchiha District'

Nova stayed calm as the Tsukuyomi started, experiencing the same thing as Sasuke for too many times was hard, and Nova almost lost his composure until it ended. Nova and Itachi stood motionless as Nova's mind was reeling with the shock of watching so many lives ending.

Nova finally broke the silence, "Why did you do this, elder brother?" deciding to role-play Sasuke.

Itachi replied, "In order to measure my vessel..."

Nova sighed, blinked once and asked, "Is that all?"

IIII Itachi's 3rd Person Point of View IIII

Itachi was a bit taken aback by Sasuke's calm demeanour, normally Itachi would have thought that Sasuke would still be on the floor, crying and mind-shocked on seeing the whole clan being wiped out. But this was something so out of the ordinary, even the prodigy Itachi had to blink twice to regain his façade. "It is true, that is what is important." Itachi replied.

"Then, why didn't you kill me?" Sasuke asked again. 

Itachi stared into the black eyes of Sasuke, "You have the potential to be my opponent. You hate me and you desire to surpass me. It is this belief that you will be a worthy opponent for me to measure your and my vessels."

IIII Nova's 3rd Person Point of View IIII

"Is that so?" said Nova as he silently collapsed from the shock. 'Shit.' thought Nova as he could witness his mind succumbing to unconsciousness. 

Itachi watched with his lifeless eyes as the small body of Sasuke fell near Itachi's feet. Ignoring him, Itachi teleported away with the help of Shunshin Jutsu (Body Flicker Technique) after sensing Madara coming towards him. 

====================

IIII Nova's 3rd Person Point of View IIII

Nova lay in the hospital as sunlight poured in through the window of his hospital room.

He heard that the Hokage took immediate action and sent high ranking Ninja to track down Itachi, but failed. When the Konohagakure ninja searched for survivors within the clan grounds, they had rushed in the hospital with Nova's unconscious body, after they sensed a slight pulse in him. 

But what bothered Nova the most was the notifications floating before him. When the nurse came to check on the last heir of the Uchiha clan, she did not notice the blue notification screens floating in front of Nova. 

"Do you see something weird?" asked Nova, in hopes that the nurse saw the notification screens. But only received a bewildered look from the nurse. 

Nova finally focused on the floating blue screens before him. It read:

THE ONE WHO USES THE SUN AS HIS PLAYTHING is fascinated that you stood up against Itachi Uchiha.

THE ONE WITH THE FIERY AXE is applauding you for your bravery while stroking his beard.

Nova's brain spun with very many thoughts as he stared at the screens. He finally remembered his conversation with the old man with the long, white beard - gods. 'Ah, gods. I had forgotten about them. The old man said that they would be watching me, kinda, but I didn't think that they could leave comments like these? Well, I guess I did fine, since two gods commented.'  

Nova didn't not know, but a lot of gods had been watching him since he entered the timeline. 

=====================

Nova quickly found out that being an Academy student when your whole clan was wiped out is very much tiring. Nova could understand why young Sasuke had turned to the dark side. His classmates swooned over him as he was the sole survivor of one of the two founding clans of Konohagakure. The situation of the girls of the class was the worst; all of them wanted to be the only one for the only Uchiha currently in the village.

Most of the village citizens pampered him whenever they could. The situation was so bad that many citizens called him the Prince whenever they thought that he couldn't hear. But Nova knew that they left him alone, pitying him. They think that it was pity, but it that had been the  actual case for why Sasuke left the village in the original timeline. Loneliness was a scary emotion - because it could drive one to the dark side, like the real Sasuke.

But, none of it was Nova's concern - the pestering fangirls, the pampering villagers, the pitying citizens - Nova couldn't care less. Nova's first and foremost goal was to befriend Naruto. 

Too much time had already been passed, the amount of people Naruto kept close at the age of seven, was 3 including - the Hokage, Teuchi (the ramen shop owner), and his daughter Ayame. In Nova's eyes, it was far too less for a seven year old child. Little lonely Naruto was always a shiny ball of light; one that had been stained by the hate-driven villagers. So, Nova made his first goal in this timeline was to befriend Naruto.

Nova always sucked at making friends with total strangers. But once he knew their name, he would be total best friends with them. It sorta seemed like a natural phenomenon to Nova - becoming friends. 

The case with Naruto seemed a bit different for Nova. He thought that Naruto would be weirded out because the usually brooding guy suddenly wanted to be friends with him. Nova also thought up to invite Naruto to ramen, since the guy loved ramen but rejected it - thinking the same.

Nova thought 'It's like - Day one "Don't talk with me" and Day two "You want to grab ramen?". This train of thought is leading nowhere!'

Exasperated, Nova stood up from on top of the Fourth Hokage's statue. 'It does seem very calming and joyful. I now know why Naruto loved or loves this place... loved or loves? Gahh I don't know!' thought Nova as he turned around. 

Squinting with his eyes, he saw a messy yellow haired boy with three whiskers on each cheek come near the statues with a paint bucket in his right hand and a large paint brush in his left.

Naruto panicked a bit, thinking that he got caught. But what appeared on Nova's face was not what he was expecting. 

Nova grinned and asked, "Can I join?"

<Author's note>

<So, from this chapter onwards, its our protagonist embodying Sasuke as he progresses through the timeline. After this chapter, the protagonist will be mentioned as Nova and Nova alone. So, do not expect Sasuke to be mentioned. But in the team placements, Sasuke's name will be mentioned. As well as when people call for Sasuke, it will be like "Oi, Sasuke -teme, come here!".  Or when other character's thrid pov is used, it will be like Sasuke looked at Naruto. Something like that! So, you get the point. Bye!!!