Chapter 1

It was a rainy day when I walked into the mansion. Little did I know I made a grave mistake... Or not really a mistake? Honestly I really don't know anymore.

    The mansion was erie and dark but I was soaked in the rain so I stepped inside hoping the owner would understand. Oh boy I couldn't have been farther from the truth. I was wandering for want seemed like hours before a voice crept up behind me, startling me.

    "Ohohohoo! Now what do we have here?"

  I quickly turned around and looked at the creature who scared me. He looked like an owl creature thing. His feathers were as dark as the night during a new moon and his eyes felt hypnotic with the bright orange and yellow. "Uh...I-I um" was all I could muster out. To say I was scared would be an understatement. I was terrified.

  "Ahohohoo! Cat got your tongue? HOHOHOHOO!" His laughter was loud and almost owl like. 𝘔𝘢𝘯 I thought 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘶𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘺. Then suddenly as if he read my thoughts his head then circled around me with his neck stretching. It was certainly an unsettling sight to see. His head then flipped upside down but his face stayed in the same place as if his face and head wasn't attached 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬!?!

  "Hmmm? Why are you here? The party doesn't begin till later tonight!" He sounded very annoyed by my presences "Party? What do you mean party?" I didn't know that I was walking into a party. I would've dresses nicer if I knew this was going to happen. The creature then looked at me a little curious "Why it's my party for the dead and may I just say you look a little to...alive to be here. Ahohohoo! So tell me dear, how do you wish to die. Stabbed? Strangled? Crushed? Oh what about poison. Hehe that's always a good one! Ahohohoo!" There was his crazy laughter again "What do you mean by that?" Then the creature peered his head over my shoulder scaring the shit out of me. 𝘐𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘨𝘶𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘬!?

  "Why you don't expect to come into 𝘮𝘺 party with the pesky mortal body clinging to you like a leech do you?" His voice sounded very annoyed saying this. It really ticked me off "Hey! I can party with this mortal body better then anyone here!" That was my mistake. The creature took this as a challenge "Ahohohoo really? Fine challenge accepted" He grinned at me with an almost sadistic look.

  Little did I know I had...shifted my future with this challenge.