Chapter 2

Challenge accepted"

Those words sent a shiver down my spine. Did I really just challenge this creature? Yes. Was it a stupid decision? Probably but I was not thinking about the consequences.

Not even 3 minutes later my eyelids began to feel heavy "W-what are you doing to me..." I felt really sleepy all of a sudden. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦!? "Ohohohoo! I'm just making sure you don't get in the way of the party preparations!" His voice was now cheery and excited. It was creepy. "...oh..." Everything then went black

----------------------------------------------

I was quickly awakened by the sound of music playing very loudly. I sat up in bed and rubbed my temples. "Ugh my head" I whined not realizing that there was someone else in the room. "I see your up now. How was your nap?" Asked a yellow ghost who was hanging up a silky dark red dress. "It was fine" I replied while rubbing my sleepy eyes. The ghost then floated towards her holding a glass of ice water. "The name is Amelia." She handed me the glass. "So how did you challenge the one and only Barnaby?" I just shrugged. Amelia smiled at me as she walked over to the dress that was hanging up "Well I certainly admire your bravery" she takes the dress off of the hanger.

"Is that your dress?" I asked curiously. Amelia shook her head "Nope. It's yours" she handed me the dress before heading back to grab the heels "Mr Barnaby wanted you to have the best dress at the party." Amelia placed to heels next to me. 𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩. 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘮 "Makeup is in the bathroom just make sure your ready in an hour okay?" "Okay"

"AMELIA!!!" Barnaby shouted.

"Oh Mr. Barnaby needs me. I'll see you at the party?" "See ya then" I waved to Amelia as she left and I was left by myself in the guest room. 𝘔𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴.

I got into the dress and heels and did a simple makeup look. I tied my hair into a high pony tail and curled it. Once I was finished getting ready Amelia comes into the room "Hey the party is starting! Oh my god you look absolutely gorgeous in that dress. And I love the hair and the makeup!" "Oh thank you" I gave her a quick smile and headed down stairs to the party.

Once I got to the room where the party is being held at everyone (or I guess every ghost) Stopped what they was doing and stared at me. "I see that the dress fits perfectly."
Barnaby voice says behind me "Ah shit! Dude warn a lady before you scare her god damn!" Barnaby then decided to appear in front of me causing be to fall down. "Ohohohoo! Is that any way to speak to the host of the party. Especially the host who is letting you live." He gave me this creepy and sadistic grin "Listen here you prick you knocked me out just-" Barnaby quickly covered my mouth with his wing "Oh ohohohoo! You don't want to anger me. Especially in 𝘔𝘺 house. OHOHOHOHOO!!!"

What have I gotten myself into