Chapter-5

"You will be the one executing me, Park Jimin. I will die at your hands."

The words echoed through Jimin's mind all through the night. He couldn't forget the mysterious prisoner, Kim Taehyung. Those glossy eyes, hauntingly beautiful, seemed to pierce through the very fabric of his thoughts, refusing to let him rest. And that grave voice, the power it held caused even Jimin's body to tremble a little under its effect.

Jimin tossed and turned in his bed, unable to shake the image of Taehyung standing tall despite his frail appearance. He looked about Jimin's age or even younger. The way his body was littered with cuts, scars, and bruises yet he exuded an aura of courage far beyond his years left an indelible mark on Jimin's heart.

As the hours dragged on, Jimin replayed their encounter over and over in his mind. Taehyung's resilience and calm acceptance of his fate both mystified and disturbed him. What had Taehyung done to deserve such a fate? And why had his father kept this from him? Most importantly, was he even saying the truth? Why would Jimin be destined to end his life?

Questions swirled in Jimin's head, each one heavier than the last. He felt an inexplicable pull towards Taehyung, a need to uncover the truth behind his imprisonment and impending execution. He couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Taehyung's story, something his father wasn't telling him.

The sky outside began to lighten with the first hints of dawn, and Jimin knew he wouldn't find rest until he sought answers. His thoughts were a tumultuous storm, but amid the chaos, one thing was clear: he had to understand the truth about Kim Taehyung, even if it meant defying his father and the very kingdom he was destined to rule.

*****

It was a warm afternoon. Jimin was on his way to the castle grounds, eyes heavy with sleep that eluded him all night, when he was stopped by Yoongi.

"Can I have a word with you?" Yoongi asked, looking over his shoulder nervously.

"Sure, I am heading outside. Join me there?" Jimin replied, eyes quirking up in curiosity at the older's strange behavior.

"No, not there. Somewhere private."

Understanding the urgency in Yoongi's tone, Jimin guided him into one of the smaller study rooms not frequented by others. Once inside, Jimin closed the door behind them and turned to Yoongi with a worried expression. "What's wrong?"

"Did you find any information about Nightshade?" Yoongi asked, his voice filled with urgency.

"No, not yet," Jimin admitted.

"Did you not visit the restricted section of the library?" Yoongi asked, his urgency turning into frustration.

"Not yet, Hyung. What is it? You're scaring me."

Yoongi took a deep breath, trying to steady himself. "Jimin, Nightshade is more than just a name. It's a place of immense danger. I overheard my father talking about it with some of the other council members. Imagine, even the war council of the strongest kingdom in all of Eastern Empire looked scared."

"I heard my father talking to the war council," Yoongi said, his voice low and urgent. "Tensions are rising on our border. More and more forces are being posted to the western border near the Evergreen Stretch. My father thinks it's Nightshade. I heard him say the name. I have never heard of such a kingdom."

Jimin's brow furrowed, the pieces of the puzzle beginning to come together. "Nightshade... Why haven't we learned about it? Why is it so hidden from us? Why did the elders hide it from us?"

Yoongi shook his head. "I don't know, but it seems like something our fathers' generation has kept hidden for a reason. If Nightshade really exists and is mobilizing forces, it's a serious threat. "