chapter 4

"how's it going, harry?"

harry turned to see y/n sitting down next to him. he was surprised, since they didn't really know each other very well. but he wasn't upset about it.

"not much, what's up with you?" he asked.

y/n didn't know what the tell him. "oh, i'm great! i'm just trying not to foam at the mouth while i'm talking to you!"

"i'm doing fine, thanks." she said instead.

y/n got comfortable in her seat and quickly put on her seatbelt. she knew that if the plane were to crash, she'd be ready.

"good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen! on behalf of delta airlines, it is my pleasure to welcome you aboard flight 34. federal regulations require that carry-on items are stowed prior to closing the aircraft door. your items may be placed in an overhead compartment, or completely under the seat in front of you. use caution when placing items in or removing them from the overhead compartment, and let us know if we may assist you. in order to expedite the boarding process, please be seated as quickly as possible after stowing your carry-on items. take a moment to review the "safety instructions" card in your seat pocket."

y/n and harry reached to grab the pamphlet at the same time.

"sorry." they said in unison. y/n laughed, finding it funny how in sync they were.

"you can take it." y/n insisted.

"no, you can take it." harry said as he handed her the pamphlet.

"no, you can take it-"

"just one of you please take the damn pamphlet." the flight attendant said. you could tell she wasn't getting paid enough for this.

"sorry, here." y/n said as she finally handed it over to harry.

"as i was saying, if you are seated in an exit row, you may be required to assist the crew in an evacuation. if you are unable or unwilling to perform the functions described on the card, just ask to be re-seated. thank-you, and enjoy your flight!"

y/n's stomach rumbled. she couldn't believe she was going to be stuck on this 10 and half hour flight with absolutely no food. she hadn't eaten since the day before! she figured there'd at least be some snacks available later.

suddenly, y/n heard a bag crumpling in harry's hand.

"uh... y/n?" she turned to see harry holding out a bag of cheezits for her. "i heard your stomach rumble... i figured you were hungry." he said as he handed her the bag. y/n's face went red. she couldn't believe he had heard that. now he was  never going to fall in love with her. this was so embarrassing.

"oh my gosh, i'm so sorry. i'm so embarrassing. i cant take these." y/n said as she handed the bag of cheezits back to harry. harry groaned. "just take the damn bag of cheezits, y/n." he said, handing them back to her. "okay, okay." she replied, getting defensive. british people were so annoying.

y/n put in her airpods and opened up spotify on her phone. she scrolled through her playlists until she found her all-time favorite playlist: one directions's greatest songs of all time. her absolute favorite one direction song was "last first kiss" she hit play and closed her eyes. this was going to be a long flight.

—————————————————————

10 hours and a half went by, and they finally made it to london. y/n didn't know that, though, because she was still asleep.