chapter 5

it was one direction's penthouse

y/n had dreamed of this moment many times before, but she never thought it would become a reality. she couldn't believe what she was looking at. she was actually standing in front of one direction's penthouse.

"you excited to go inside?" harry asked as he took a step next to her.

"am i excited? that's like asking a gay person if they love lady gaga's music, of course i'm excited!"

bruce made his way to the trunk and grabbed all of their luggage from out the back of the limo and walked towards the front door of the penthouse. he grabbed the keycard from out of his pocket and hovered it over the card reader. it made a "bing" nose, and then the door slid open.

y/n was the first to step inside. she couldn't believe what she saw.

every corner of the penthouse seemed meticulously designed, from the modern art adorning the walls to the gleaming marble countertops in the kitchen. there was a sense of grandeur in every detail, from the crystal chandeliers hanging overhead to the soft, sumptuous rugs underfoot.

she couldn't wait to spend her summer here.

the rest of the band quickly piled inside the house and threw their luggage on the ground. they hopped onto the couch, and louis and harry argued who got to have the best spot on the couch.

"i think i should have it, since i'm obviously the better looking."

"uh, i think you mean i'm the better looking. you agree, dont you y/n?"

she had been so lost in thought, she hadn't even heard harry say her name.

"i'm sorry, what did you say?"

harry sighed. "i said, "i'm the better looking between me and louis, so i should get the best spot on the couch, you agree, dont you y/n?"

a blush quickly creeped on y/n's face, and she hoped he hadn't noticed. was he seriously asking her that? she couldn't believe it. she was so flustered she didn't even know how to respond to his question.

"i, uh, i guess so?"

harry frowned. that was his attempt at flirting, but the signal clearly didn't get through to y/n. she could be so ignorant sometimes. still, he put on a brave face and pretended it didn't hurt him.

"you can have the seat, louis. i don't really care anymore." he said as he took a right down the main hallway and walked into his room.

"oh crap. i didn't hurt his feelings, did i? ugh, i always screw things up." she thought to herself.

"im.. gonna go check on him.. if that's okay with you guys?" she said, putting it as if she were asking for permission.

"thats alright. just hurry back, will ya? its family game night." bruce said as he shooed her away.

y/n quickly made a right down the main hallway and walked towards harry's room. he had a "punk's not dead" sticker on his door. she leaned her ear up against the door and could clearly hear "master of puppets" by metallica playing through his bluetooth speaker. y/n secretly thought harry was so cool and so punk, but she would never admit that to him.

y/n softly knocked on his door. as the silence filled the air, she began to deeply regret what she had said. she didn't realize it would take such a toll on harry. nevertheless, she knocked on his door once more, hoping for the best.

"come in."

y/n slowly and cautiously opened the door, as if he were a vicious animal about to attack her. "hey harry."

"hey, y/n."

"i like the song you're listening to."

harry glanced over to his bluetooth speaker, almost as if he had forgotten what song he was listening to. he looked back up at y/n and smiled. he patted the empty spot on his bed next to him. "come sit, please."

y/n slowly walked over to his bed and carefully took a seat in the spot next to him, making sure to keep an appropriate distance between his and her legs.

y/n studied the interior design of his bedroom. his walls were painted a dark navy blue, and his walls were covered in photos of dogs and sports cars. she thought it was a cute but kind of weird and bizarre combination. her harry was always so silly and ambitious like that. that's one of the things she loved most about him. he was never afraid to stand out. he was never afraid to be who he was. he was just so quirky like that. it was one of the many attributes she loved about him. oh, how she longed for him to hold her. but she knew that would never happen. it was best to keep those fantasies to herself. "maybe one day." she thought, but not now.

"so.. about what i said earlier-" harry cut her off. "its fine, really."

y/n played the drawstrings on her pants. it was one of the many nervous habits she had picked up while her mother was in rehab.

"no, but it's not fine. i hurt your feelings. i'm sorry, really. if it means anything, i don't just think you're the most attractive between you and louis. i think you're the most attractive member of the band, period."

harry looked up at her, stunned. his pupils completely dilated, and his heart skipped a beat. he was so in love with her.

"do you really mean that?" he asked.

"of course, i mean that. i'm in love with you, harry." the words slipped out of her mouth before she could stop herself. they both starred at each other in awe. they both couldn't believe what she had just said.

"y/n," he said as he brought his hand up to cup her cheek. "i love you too."

"kiss me then, honey bun."

"my pleasure."

what the sigma

i really need to express how SATIRE this is pls dont take it seriously