Chapter One: Moving In

Blood Roses

Chapter One: Moving In

Scarlett's POV:

My vampire clan and I moved to a new city because the werewolf pack that lived next to us kept hurting my clan members. They also were trying to start a war. I am glad we moved and am sad because my best friend was a werewolf named Jenny. I hope I will find a new friend. I start school tomorrow after we unpack our stuff.

We got there and my mom said, "I want you to take your new car we bought you and go get some school stuff."

"Ugh fine, bye mom," I said and left. I started driving to Walgreens and realized I needed to go to the gas station. I went to the gas station and filled up my car. Then I started driving to Walgreens again. I walked in and saw that it wasn't as packed as I thought it was. I went to the office supplies and school supplies. I saw a boy going through the office supplies.

I walked up and caught a whiff of his scent and my vampire, Rose, said "mate."

I continued walking and he said, "hi. Do you need any help?"

"No I am fine, but thanks for asking," I said. "What is your name?"

He smiled and said "Jason, but I go by my middle name which is Cade. What is yours?"

"Scarlett. I just moved in," I said.

"That's cool, so which school are you going to?" he asked.

"Shy Shine High School," I said.

"That is amazing because that is my school," he said. "You can meet my two brothers. I have a brother my age and a very younger one, but he is super."

"That is awesome," I said.

"Can I have your number and I can give you mine?" he asked confidently.

"I would like that," I said and wrote down my number. I gave him mine and he gave me his. I got everything I needed the left to my house wondering how I am going to tell my family that I found my mate and that I think he is human.