Playdate

It was a stormy day when Delilah's playdate came. She pouted all morning, hoping that the rain would cease. It never did. "Mamaaaaa," she whined, tail between her legs. "You know I can't make the rain stop, lovebug," Sera replied in kind. "I don't wanna cancel," Delilah pouted. "We both know that there's not going to be a trip to the park today," Sera explained. Before Delilah could start her crybaby tears, Sera came up with a great idea. She had to make sure it would work first. She excused herself from the room, leaving Delilah in her crib.

After making a few select phone calls to the baby's caregivers, Sera came to the conclusion that her plan would indeed work. She reentered the nursery and approached the crib to find her tiny pup curled into a ball. "Sweet girl," she cooed. Delilah's ears perked up and she sat to attention. "I've made I have some exciting news! I've made contact with Minerva and Anastasia's carers, and they've agreed to an indoor playdate!"

Delilah's tail began to wag at this and she got excited. "Sleepover?" she questioned, head tilted cutely. "No baby, playdate!" Sera corrects, lifting Delilah from the crib. Soon after, the girls arrive and Delilah greets them excitedly. Her tail goes a million miles a minute as she greets Anastasia and Minerva. "I've missed you so much!" they all say, engaging in a group hug. Sera sets up Strawberry Shortcake on the television and goes to the kitchen to cook dinner. "Pizza or Chicken nuggies?" Sera asks the girls. All except for Minerva said chicken nuggies. "And what would miss Minerva want?" Sera questions kindly. "Hmmmmmm," she ponders, "cheese!" Sera chuckles, but gets everybody their snacks nonetheless. After twenty minutes, Sera delivers the snacks.

After watching Strawberry Shortcake for a while, the storm rages on outside. It gets worse as the time goes on, leading Sera to call the caregivers sooner than she planned. Minerva gets picked up, but Anastasia's carer got flooded in their home. "I know, I said no sleepover, but it's looking like it," Sera said sheepishly, shaking their head. "Yay!" Delilah squeals. "It's still bedtime," Sera announces. Anastasia begins to pout. "I can't sleep with out Mommy!" she cries. It took time, but eventually they came to the conclusions that both girls would sleep with Sera in her bed. After roughly 2 minutes, the girls were out cold, and Sera celebrated a perfect day with her perfect little one.