Chapter 2

I'm still sleeping when Marie suddenly wakes me up.

Marie is the girl who has the say here in the youth home and is the absolute favorite of the carers.
No matter what she does, she never gets into trouble. The same goes for the other children here in the home, of course, but not as much as with Marie.

It's different for me. I always get into trouble even if I haven't done anything. From the perspective of the carers and the other children in the youth home, I'm to blame for everything, regardless of whether I did anything or not.

But it's not just in the youth home that everyone hates and bullies me, because it's the same at school. Other students bully me and the teachers look the other way.
But the teachers hate me too because they give me bad grades all the time. Even if I hand in an assignment without any mistakes, I get a 6, but when the dumbest boy in my class hands in his assignment with lots of mistakes and some of the answers don't fit the task, he still gets a 2 or 3.

But apart from the unfair grades, I often get told that I am late to school even though I am always on time at school and even when I am sick I go to school. For example, I once broke my hand while riding my bike and still went to school.

But now back to the here and now, Marie just woke me up and snapped at me that we have to get up to go to school and also claimed that it was my fault that her boyfriend Max couldn't take her home today, even though she knew he had a doctor's appointment. But I've known for a long time that everything is always my fault.

But when Marie was finally done complaining, I got ready and put on one of my broken and dirty clothes, which is one of the reasons why I get bullied and that's just because I don't get any money for new clothes. When I was finished getting dressed, I took my broken school backpack and went to school without breakfast.
Because I'm not hungry and even if I was hungry, I wouldn't get anything to eat.

But little did i know that going to school will be a big mistake.