✿ SHOPPING ✿

4K votes for the next chapter and guys please comment na!

RABYA

"Your lunch, Reha." I placed the plate on the bed and turned around to leave but then she held me by my arms.

"Let's talk." She spoke.

"About what?" I asked.

She clamped her hands together and looked here and there forwhile before biting her cheeks. "He was just a friend of mine-"

"I don't care, Reha. Believe me, I really don't." I replied.

"Don't tell about it to anyone?"

I nodded.

I was about to leave when she said something to stop me again. "I-I...He's my boyfriend, Rabya. I know him since we were in seventh standard. Please, don't tell this to anyone, not even to Maa. I...I really love him." She swallowed down. "I broke up with him when Baba died. I knew that no one is going to-can you please not tell about this to anyone?"

I nodded.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" She asked, this time getting slightly irritated.

I sighed. "What exactly am I supposed to say, Reha? I told you that it's your personal life and I've no interest in ruining it. You can continue to be with him if he's a good guy."

"Why are you being nice to me?" She clenched her teeth.

"When I wasn't nice to you?" I retorted.

"I mean-"

"Please, Reha. Let's not talk about it. I really don't care." I said, not bothering to hear from her anymore and walked back to my room.

I sat on the bed and felt my chest rumbling through pain. Offcourse, I don't care. I shouldn't care about anything.

My parents made sure to give both me and Reha a good education. They tried their best to support us. I don't know how it happened? Was it because of my relatives? Was it because of the society? I don't know.

When I started dating Harsh, I was sure that he'd be the guy I'm going to marry in future. I didn't think twice that my parents won't accept it. Infact, I thought that they'll be happy to meet Harsh. I've planned to tell them about us when I'll crack GATE once again and get a central government job. Harsh wanted to do PHD and we both planned our future together. He'll be a professor in IIT while I'll work in the PSU. And then in early thirties, we'll get married.

Why it never came to my mind before that my family might be against all this? And maybe this question is always going to haunt me that if my mother didn't find about my pregnancy, what would've happened then? But I doubt if they still accepted Harsh.

I regret breaking his heart. He didn't deserve it. He wasn't aware that my family will turn out to be regressive. Even I wasn't aware about it.

Somewhere, I was the only one at fault. I should've been careful to not let my mother find out my pregnancy test kit. No, instead of all this, if I knew earlier that for my family, their reputation is everything then I would've never even dated anyone. Because in the end, I was supposed to study, get a decent job and then settle down with the boy my family chooses for me, isn't it?